Condors on the RUT

Discussion in 'Options' started by Zeus81, May 22, 2008.

1. I also agree to some degree, So I don't always play them or leg in. I also will use futures and Forex as a hedge. I don't fly blind with these but I do have rules.

There are no limits in the market besides the one you set for yourself.

I will make sure to post my results in July in this thread.

Dave

#11     May 24, 2008
  2. Having the balls to follow your own analysis also keeps me in my trades. Having the ability to understand what will happen 'when' will also keep me in a trade and when to take action.

I've attached the data chart for my RUT July condor. I also use this to understand what happens my P/L will see.

#12     May 24, 2008
  3. I'm certain his percentage gains are against his margin.

I'm usually a condor trader but the vols nowadays are so low I rather be long vega. Specially with these high prob high risk trades

#13     May 24, 2008
  4. It does not take balls to stay in a position. If your analysis could tell you what and when with any accuracy you would not need to trade condors or any kind of spread, you'd also be very wealthy beating the markets.

Just trying to keep it real

#14     May 24, 2008
  5. There's a fine line between "having balls" and being stubborn and not admitting when you were wrong.

#15     May 24, 2008
  6. Very True! Hence I said I would follow up with my results in this thread.

#16     May 24, 2008
  7. Real is what you make it! Glass half full/empty..Numbers don't lie or have emotions but people do.

#17     May 24, 2008
  8. Thats true but the only numbers that mean anything are real time posted

#18     May 24, 2008
  9. I would expect nothing less. Price is king!

#19     May 24, 2008
  10. No offense meant at all. Its that so many other Et'ers post crap and never are able to post real time trades.

#20     May 24, 2008