Condi "the klingon" Rice

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sulong, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Can't pay the price.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,243359,00.html

"Who pays the price? I'm not going to pay a personal price. My kids are too old and my grandchild is too young," Boxer said. "You're not going to pay a particular price, as I understand it, with an immediate family. So who pays the price? The American military and their families."

The truth hurts the worst.

2. It's interesting that the Democrats have orchestrated a barrage of attacks on Rice this week. There were leaks about dysfunctional management of State, then Boxer's below the belt insult that since Rice is childless she is not qualified to determine Iraq policy. By that logic, neither is Hillary Clinton, since Chelsea sure isn't tossing away her sweet gig to join the Army.

It's hard to understand what is going on here. To me, it seems risky, as Bush and Cheney are such easy targets. Why go after Rice, who seems popular with the public? Maybe that is the reason. Who knows?

In any case, Boxer's attack was idiotic. It is a combination of New Age "only my personal experience is relevant" nonsense with a clumsy attempt to connect with families. In the end all it does is encourage our enemies, who think nothing of strapping bombs onto their children.

3. "Below the belt insult" Thats funny lol.

Bush and cheney are already dead meat. All that needs to be done with them is to keep a foot on their necks.
    The dems can afford to toss a few body blows at condi.

Objectively speaking, a childless person is probably the most qualified to be making life and death decisions for the populace. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.

The posturing though is entertaining.

4. With tens of thousands of American families greeting their limbless, shell shocked children at the airport, are we truly concerned whether Condoleeza Rice has had her pride hurt?
    She gets paid with TAXPAYER DOLLARS surely she can be held to account with what is a very good point i.e. She is content to SACRIFICE OTHER PEOPLES CHILDREN.
    What do we care that she might feel miffed? She supports this idiotic war does she not?

5. the boxer thing was stupid imo - mostly because she kept saying people who dont have family in iraq arent paying any price. i disagree. this stupid iraq thing is costing 500 billion so far. to add to the other 6 or trillion "W" has blown since he took office.thats taxpayers burden - thats my money that is being blown and subsequently devalued.

6. It's not about her pride. The Democrats and their media allies have complained endlessly about a lack of civility and personal attacks in politics, then this right out of the gate. Oh yeah, I forgot that idiot Jim Webb making an ass out of himself at the White House.

Did Lincoln have children in the Civil War? Did Ike have children hitting the beach on D-Day? Does any prospective Democrat presidential candidate have children in the military? It is just a mindless line of argument, and all it does is show how braindead and full of hate people like Boxer are.

7. Now Trump's rippin' Condi

WASHINGTON - Still locked in a nasty feud with Rosie O'Donnell, The Donald may be looking at a new target: Secretary of State Rice.

Donald Trump says in an interview set to air tonight that Rice seems like a nice person, but when it comes to her role as the nation's chief negotiator, he'd like to use his trademark line on her: "You're fired."

Americans "want someone that knows how to negotiate, that knows the art of the deal," he said in an interview on FOX News Channel's "Hannity's America."

"In all fairness, I see Condoleezza Rice - she goes on a plane, she gets off a plane, she waves, she goes there to meet some dictator. ... They talk, she leaves, she waves, the plane takes off. Nothing happens, it's a joke, nothing ever happens. I think she's a very nice woman, but I don't want a nice woman. I want someone that's not necessarily nice."

Trump isn't just picking on the gals - he actually goes gaga over Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.): "She is a very capable woman. She has done an amazing job as a senator of New York."

Rice's latest diplomatic gambit has her back in Israel, where she met last night with Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni. Today, she meets with Palestinian officials.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/488574p-411470c.html

8. Rice testifying in Congress:
    [​IMG]

9. The Boxer statement was idiotic period. She has a long history of mouthing off like this.

Personally, I think Rice is doing a stellar job given the environment in which she is working. And no, I am not republican (nor democrat for that matter).

I also have no children, and these deaths in Iraq are extremely disturbing to me. I wish the US would get the hell out.

If Boxer made that same statement to me, I'd tell her to f**k off! I give Condi points for restraint.

Jay

10. another 85 iraqi's offed today

#10     Jan 16, 2007