Condi Rice's International Image.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Jun 21, 2005.

1. .

June 21, 2005

SouthAmerica: My uncle returned to Brazil yesterday after visiting the United States the last 2 weeks. He stayed in my house for a few days and we had the chance to talk about what is going on in Brazil.

Over the weekend I asked him a question. I did not say anything before, when I asked him what the average Brazilian thinks regarding US Secretary of State Condi Rice.

He told me that the only way he could picture her was dressed in a bikini and playing the drums for a block of dancing girls during Carnival time in Brazil.

I was not surprised by his honest answer. And I bet most people in Latin America would agree with my uncles’ opinion. (Most people respected Colin Powell because of his credentials.)

When George W. Bush nominated Condi Rice.as his Secretary of State I did post the following information on the PBS message board:

State Department: Condi Rice

Credentials: Very good Pianist.

Main goal for the coming 4 years: Entertain the major leaders of the world with pieces by Choppin, Mozart, and so on…..

She might expand her road show and start also singing and dancing to become a more complete entertainer.

“Bush names hawkish Rice top U.S. diplomat”

Today, a number of cable television news has mentioned Condolleezza Rice’s credentials to become the new Secretary of State. They mentioned that:

1) She is an accomplished pianist.
    And
    2) She is a very good skater.

Now I understand why she was chosen to be the new Secretary of State, she will perform for audiences around the world.

They did not say if she also could sing or dance.

George W. Bush is hiring an entertainer for the position of US Secretary of State.

What kind of music she will perform when she goes to the Middle East to meet with Arab officials?

Rap?

How she will use her high qualifications as a pianist and as a skater to solve the problems around the world. When everything else fails, as a last resort Americans always go to show business; usually song and dance.

If that was the credentials for the Secretary of State position, then why George W. Bush did not choose someone with more talent? I know he could not choose Catherine Zeta-Jones because she is a native of another country. But even Madonna would have been a better choice since she has more prestige and talent than Condolleezza Rice.

The US Secretary of State position is one of the most important cabinet positions in the US government. The Secretary of State is the number one international face of the US.

It is a very though job for anyone by the nature of the beast. Today, that job is even harder to handle than before, because of the international policies adopted by the Bush administration, the US is hated around the world even by the United States usual allies. The people around the world don’t hate the American people. They hate the current Bush administration.

It is not the right time to put a black woman in charge of US foreign policy (unless if you are a Jackass.)

It is time to nominate the best diplomat that the US has available today for that job. Someone with similar credentials as James A. Baker III – just in case he is not interested in that radioactive job.

In my opinion, today we have an epidemic of “Mediocrity” going on in the US government in Washington DC.

2. .

“US prods Arab allies on democratic change”

Rice's demands reflect policy shift
    By Paul Schemm and Farah Stockman, The Boston Globe
    Globe Correspondent and Globe Staff - June 21, 2005

CAIRO -- Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice yesterday issued a stern warning to Egypt and Saudi Arabia, the United States' most important Arab allies, that the Bush administration wants genuine democracy in the Arab world for friends and foes alike, and not just cosmetic changes.

In a forceful address to an audience of invited guests at American University in Cairo, Rice specifically criticized the Saudi regime for jailing three dissidents who had petitioned the ruling royal family for political changes. She left later in the day for Saudi Arabia, where aides said she would press the
    administration's message that the time has come for change not only in Iraq, Syria, and other countries hostile to the United States, but also in authoritarian nations that are US allies…..

SouthAmerica: To show Saudi Arabia that the United States means business this time around – Condi Rice made it clear that if Saudi Arabia does not follow the United States suggestions regarding democracy real economic consequences will follow and the United States will get tough with the Saudi Arabian government - the United States is pledging that it will stop buying oil from Saudi Arabia in the future starting immediately.

3. .

March 16, 2006

SouthAmerica: I guess the Australians did not enjoy Condi’s piano performance.

She is a real embarrassment to the United States – it does not matter where she goes – Australia, Middle East, South America, and so on….

Secretary of State – what a joke.

“Three arrested in Rice protest”
    ABC News – March 16, 2006

Sydney police have arrested five people outside the Conservatorium of Music during a protest against an appearance by the US Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice.

About 40 protesters tried to block guests' entry to the venue and scuffles broke out when police forced the students back.

Paddy Gibson, from the Student's Council at Sydney University, says the protest is against the Iraq war and the university campus being used as a host venue for Dr Rice.

"They're saying, 'Come here, you've got Sydney uni's support to stand up and peddle your murderous hate speeches', which is what we see it," he said.

"You've got 180,000 people killed as we said for no other reason other than strategic control of the region's oil resources and the anti-Muslim racism that's been whipped up to justify this war is being felt by Sydney University students."

The five students are due to face Downing Centre Local Court on the April 3 charged with hindering police.

4. You call a protest by 40 people a protest large enough to be an embarrassment?

A little bit of a reach isn't it?

5. .

March 21, 2006

SouthAmerica: Yesterday when I was watching CNN news they said that Condi Rice considers a dream job to replace Paul Tagliabue as the NFL Commissioner. He is supposed to retire on July of 2006.

You need to be competent to be able to handle that job – Condi Rice’s name should not be in a list of possible candidates even if that list includes a few thousand names.

She should continue her worthless travels around the world – wherever she goes people are polite when she shows up just a matter of courtesy and nothing else.

To be NFL commissioner you need to be able to negotiate a new collective-bargaining agreement between the owners and the players – you have to be competent to handle that job.

Condi Rice should stick with piano playing and ice skating and nothing else - Maybe she can try singing and dancing as well.

6. jem

jem

may I suggest a change of career to sports columnist. Here your views actually seem lucid and supported by fact based analysis.

7. S. America - Keep me updated on what your Brazilian uncle thinks of American government officials. I see no reason why I should not think just like him considering his qualifications. Thanks. J

8. Haha!

9. .

September 14, 2006

SouthAmerica: This guy or he needs glasses very badly, or he likes her piano playing.

“Condi reaches accord with Canadian envoy”
    Boston Herald
    Thursday, September 14, 2006

Tongues are wagging in the Great White North after Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, an avowed bachelorette, and dashing diplomat Peter MacKay, who was recently dumped by a galpal, spent some quality Canadian time together this week.

The diplomatic pair - she’s 11 years older than he is - traded verbal PDAs during Rice’s 23-hour visit to Nova Scotia, causing media speculation that there’s romance in the bracing Canada air.

“Something I’ve learned about Secretary Rice is she loves the cool Atlantic breezes here in Nova Scotia and she left the window open last night,” the blond, athletic MacKay announced to titters at one public event.

The fetching 40-year-old foreign minister, who is routinely named Canada’s sexiest M.P., gushed that he was “just delighted” to have Rice visit his hometown.

“Please come back again,” he implored.

As for Condi, she didn’t exactly discourage the gossip, repeatedly addressing MacKay as “Peter” and making a point to thank him rather adorably for introducing her to his father and stepmother.

“They remind you of the things that you did when you were 5 years old, and it’s not easy then to lose sight of who you are,” Rice, 51, remarked. “And so, Peter, thank you very much also for letting me share some time with your family.”

The two also shared a dinner together but the State Department was quick to douse speculation that there was any romance mixed in with the official protocol.

“No, there were no candles,” spokesman Sean McCormick told the New York Times, which fueled the rumor mill with a front-page story on the pair. “It was a well-lighted dinner, with electricity-based lighting.”

But other State Department insiders fed the romance speculation - off the record, of course.

“You don’t get four hours of the secretary of state’s time even if you’re the Queen of England,” one unnamed American official told the Toronto Star. “It’s quite a strong signal.”

10. The first time I saw Condi Rice was when a satirical newspaper he in Australia ran the story of her appointment. I was absolutely sure it was a joke. I still can't get over the fact its...

ALL TOO REAL!!!!!!!!

#10     Sep 14, 2006