Condi Rice Trial Balloon Sighted

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jul 13, 2012.

1. if you have to suspend human reasoning in order to believe is that a good thing?

Sometimes Christian apologists say there are only three options to who Jesus was: a liar, a lunatic or the Lord. But there is a fourth option: legend. (Bart Ehrman American New Testament scholar)

"Meanwhile, where is God? This is one of the most disquieting symptoms. When you are happy, so happy that you have no sense of needing Him, so happy that you are tempted to feel His claims upon you as an interruption, if you remember yourself and turn to Him with gratitude and praise, you will be — or so it feels — welcomed with open arms. But go to Him when your need is desperate, when all other help is vain, and what do you find? A door slammed in your face, and a sound of bolting and double bolting on the inside."
    CS Lewis "A grief observed".

#31     Jul 13, 2012
  2. i have an idea. take it up with your fellow christians. step into most churches in america and scream there is no hell. see what kind of reception you get.

#32     Jul 13, 2012
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Really, the number one problem God belief faces is that God doesn't do shit. Or, He does everything. The problem is the same, actually.

Edit: not to say that God belief has no use, it obviously imparts courage to some. As we're all embarked on some kind of hero's journey, that's a legit use.

#33     Jul 13, 2012

4. That should speak volumes to what the base of the GOP is, and what they are about.

#34     Jul 13, 2012
  5. What happened here? I go to lunch for an hour and Condi for VP turns into God sucks. WTF?:D

#35     Jul 13, 2012
  6. AAA was going to put FT on ignore, but he was just baiting him, and so the discussion turned theological.

#36     Jul 13, 2012
  7. Most voters don't have any clue what's going on. between work, kids, paying bills, complying with govt demands, and occasionally trying to enjoy their increasingly shitty lives.. they just don't have the time to pay attention and really dig into what each candidate/party is all about. It is why the Bain attacks are working, people come home and put on CNN or PMSNBC and hear all about how Romney took down the economy single handed, and it sticks.

That said the Reps could really use some help, the last two campaigns, even adjusted for the overwhelming media bias, have been sub par (so far). The reps need to forget the social issues and focus in total on becoming the fiscal conservative party again. Agree with you on abandoning compromise, Romney's slogan should be: where as obama wants to take a scalpel to the fed budget, I want to drop a F****** bomb.

#37     Jul 13, 2012
  8. lol on a roll Cap.. the other post was hilarious too.

#38     Jul 13, 2012
  9. You might be surprised who would sign up if they did that but nooooo....the party of Reagan is not good enuf for em.

#39     Jul 13, 2012
  10. Took a long weekend, had my annual physical and the doc tells me I'll live another day...life is good. Give it time, I'll be back ranting and raving about something.:eek:

#40     Jul 13, 2012