Condi rally.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by areyoukidding?, May 16, 2005.

1. This is very true and I think some Americans would be shocked to learn how far the perception of the US has fallen.

A couple of months ago, here in Australia (which Bush and the neocons would count as a close US 'ally') the results of an extensive public opinion survey on Australian opinions on foreign policy were published.

Here a few findings that I can recall -

Islamic fundamentalism and US foreign policy were viewed as EQUALLY dangerous to world peace.

Spreading 'democracy' was seen as the least important objective of foreign policy. Poverty and the environment were considered far more important issues.

Respondents were asked to rate their opinions of a number of countries/organisations/regions. Rating ahead of the US were New Zealand and Britain (no surprise there), Western Europe, United Nations, Japan, China (!) and Papua New Guinea (!!). The US rated just four percentage points above Indonesia. Considering the public outrage in Australia over events in East Timor the last figure is particularly revealing.

Not much to add to this other than to observe that if the perception of the US has dropped so far in Australia, it's dropped even further in most of the rest of the world. This is not 'anti-Americanism', it is reality and something that thinking Americans should be seriously concerned about.

#21     May 16, 2005
  2. mhashe

mhashe

A sad state of affairs indeed. Billions of taxpayer $ spent on war, death and destruction only to secure oil and gas revenue for a few well connected elite. The masses always forget that nations are run by the elite. An elite with their own agendas and interests. In the present case, the interest of the elite is making sure we keep on chugging oil and gas in perpetuity.

It's interesting to note that when this admin. talks about alternative energy, it's referring primarily to finding alternative methods of drilling through the Artic tundra.

#22     May 17, 2005
  3. Perseus

Perseus

oh please, people always go too far with this oil crap. The uzbek bases were only after 9/11 to get to afghanistan, everybody wanted Afghanistan.

#23     May 17, 2005
  4. The needs of the few (corporations) out way the needs of the the many! It's all welfare in one form or another; however, I'm with the people, because in the end they always win.

#24     May 17, 2005
  5. Did you look into his soul?

#25     May 17, 2005
  6. This administration has never done anything wrong, it's always the previous administrations fault. They need to take responsiblity, when bad things happen during their watch. This has been the rule until these guys came along.

#26     May 17, 2005
  7. Continuation of the Condi Rally. "Hi guys, Im here because my president sent me to distract americans from the twin deficits."

And bankruptcies and credit ratings downgrades, just keep printing money guys...

#27     May 17, 2005
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Good points. However, the people are already in slavery; and the kicker is most don't even realize it. It's called the IRS: The slickest form of slavery in the history of the world.

#28     May 17, 2005
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Just glancing over this thread. Wilburbear, I normally respect your postings here on ET, but this has got to be the dumbest post you've ever put on here.

#29     May 17, 2005

10. Christianity would be a wonderful experience for all if only Christians followed Christ's teachings... they don't...

#30     May 17, 2005