Concerns grow over Egypt's Weapons of Mass Destruction

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bearice, Feb 7, 2011.

1. At the heart of the concern is intelligence indicating that Egypt has quietly carried out research and development on weapons of mass destruction, including nuclear, chemical, biological and missile technology.

Specifically, the intelligence indicates that Egypt has carried out experiments in plutonium reprocessing and uranium enrichment, helped jump-start Saddam Hussein’s missile and chemical weapons programs in Iraq, and worked with Kim il-Jung on North Korea’s missile program.

“If we found another country doing what they’ve done, we would have been all over them,” said a former U.S. intelligence official, speaking on condition of anonymity.

NBC News has obtained more than a dozen documents from the United States, Russia and Israel that shed some light on several Egyptian weapons of mass destruction programs, including its nuclear potential and details of a joint North Korean-Egyptian missile development agreement.

The reason the U.S. didn’t move, officials say, was Egypt’s role as a staunch U.S. ally and stabilizing force in the Middle East and later as a key player in U.S. counterterrorism efforts.

If Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak is forced to step down, new leadership in Cairo could mean a radical change in that relationship, analysts say.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41452744/ns/world_news-mideastn_africa/

2. and USA and its allies are thinking Pakistan nuclear weapons will be taken over by terrorists.

3. clacy

clacy

Do you live in fear every day? I realize that there are some potentially dangerous situations in geopolitics, but you post several dooms day threads each day.

I'm curious if that type of scenario consumes you mentally and how it affects your day to day mood.

4. Fear is important for survival in the forest/wild.

By the way, I do not have a brain so I do not get affected mentally.

5. Who the fuck this guy thinks he is? Why is USA and buch of others are entitled for nuclear technology? There are 194 countries in the world, what kind of law or common sense dictates only bunch of countries can have this technology and the rest 180 countries can not.

Who are these sick people talking on behalf of American people?

6. Soooo, you're a Liberal/Democrat/Enemy-of-America?

7. The report says "specifically, the intelligence indicates that Egypt has helped jump-start Saddam Hussein’s missile and chemical weapons programs in Iraq, and worked with Kim il-Jung on North Korea’s missile program. Several Egyptian weapons of mass destruction programs, including its nuclear potential and details of a joint North Korean-Egyptian missile development agreement.

8. People say to me "you are a lion and you are intelligent".

Lion does not know America, Europe, Asia, Africa and whatever.

9. I wasn't referencing you personally.. just joking on your "tongue-in-cheek" comment.. "I'm a stupid, head-up-my-ass dickweed"... you know, like all the Democrats these days.

10. Dayum.

Per the feedback thingie on paying for this place: forget it. Entertainment from threads like this is priceless.

#10     Feb 7, 2011