Concerns about Mirus

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by earlyexit, Aug 16, 2010.

1. I've only been with Mirus for a short time. So far, I'm a little concerned about them.

So far, I've placed multiple calls with my Account Rep to never have it returned. On another day, I called tech support throughout the day to only have the phone ring over and over and no one ever answered.

And on another occasion, the most scary of all, I called the trade desk to only get ringing an no answering.

Am I the only one having these problems with these guys? These are serious issues as far as I'm concerned. I've only been with them a short time, but I'm already thinking of going elsewhere.

2. Surdo

Surdo

I have been with them for over 5 years and never experienced any of these issues.

I have a feeling you are the problem!

3. You have no idea what you are talking about. I haven't been with them long enough to be a problem. I've yet to talk to someone at tech support or the trade desk. So, it isn't like I'm bothering them. As far as my account rep. I talked to him once. And that was on the day that my account was set up. Since then, I haven't been able to get a hold of him (only tried on a few occasions over the last month).

4. Surdo

Surdo

I see I struck a nerve! Did your Mom name you "earlyexit", it seems she dropped you a few months early by your cerebral development.

Most technical issues are handled by Ninja Trader on the forum you pin head. Why do you need to talk to Tony? He emails back within 15 minutes. I just called, the guy answered in 10 seconds. You are full of it bro.

You are what they call a mook!

5. Totantaz

Totantaz

personnaly if i would not be able to reach the trade desk by phone, i would reconsider having an account with my broker.

It happened once with my IB account, I was able to reach the trade desk and it was quite a relief

Cheers,

Totantaz

6. This was a connectivity issue. Not a NT issue. And it was a phone call that I made, not an email. Call me whatever you want. I'm simply asking if anyone else is having problems. Obviously you are not. Move along.

7. cstfx

cstfx

They just moved to new offices within the past month and there are, shall we say, gremlins that need to be worked out. I recently sent them an overnight (based on addy from their website) only to find out that they moved and it could not be delivered. They failed to update their website (schmucks!). When I called them, phone system was screwed up as well, to say the least. In this day and age, things like this shouldn't be a problem, but having worked that field before, it is very possible to get phones working again.

I have been always very happy with them and never had a problem getting thru to my rep (until recently).

But if you feel insecure with them, you would rest easier moving your money to someplace else. BTW, you are aware that they are only an ib for Dorman and RCG, so they have nothing to do with your money anyway, right?

8. Hi Cstfx,

Thanks for the response. Perhaps that (moving) is an issue. When I called tech support and the trade desk. I tried from both my cell phone and my landline. Both had issues. Either it rang and rang and never answered. Or it rang about 7 times and then had a busy signal or some other weird problems. So perhaps they are having some sort of phone issues. I'm not sure.

As far as my rep. I dunno.

Thanks.

p.s. It isn't my money I'm concerned with. It is the lack of being able to talk with a human.

9. If you're talking about something that happened today. It was a Zen-fire connection issue. They had to reset the historical data server this morning. It's working for me now.

The Ninja support forum is the best place to go read in any case. It's always up to date on system wide problems.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?p=185664

I would say the phone lines at all the Zenfire offering brokerages would have been flooded this morning.

10. Never had a problem with them. When I need them, they are easy to reach and usually have any questions/issues resolved quickly.

#10     Aug 16, 2010