Concept of 'hypercosmic God' wins Templeton Prize

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Interesting article.

"Today the John Templeton Foundation announced the winner of the annual Templeton Prize of a colossal £1 million ($1.4 million), the largest annual prize in the world.

This year it goes to French physicist and philosopher of science Bernard d'Espagnat for his "studies into the concept of reality". D'Espagnat, 87, is a professor emeritus of theoretical physics at the University of Paris-Sud, and is known for his work on quantum mechanics. The award will be presented to him by the Duke of Edinburgh at Buckingham Palace on 5 May"

http://www.newscientist.com/article...ton-prize.html?DCMP=OTC-rss&nsref=online-news

2. I should get a prize!! I've been telling people that there's a God and that people should read his book, it's a best seller btw !

3. stu

stu

"....drawing any spiritual conclusions from quantum mechanics is an unfounded leap in logic – but if someone out there in the world is willing to pay $1.4 million for pondering the nature of reality, that's a world I'm happy to live in. "