Concealed Carry

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tsing Tao, Jul 10, 2013.

1. What states are you guys in? I know NYC is hard to get a carry permit.

#51     Jul 12, 2013
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

Yes, if you're jogging, would be ok. As for anything else, I'll have to say it's probably good for about 9 feet. I've got the magnum version, but a Friend of mine carries "snake shot" .22lr in his. He says, "if I hit the guy in the face, the fight will end." I tend to agree. I'm going to switch over to the snake shot in mine.

I will say, just for fun, with the 22 mag load, this thing is a riot to fire at night. Talk about a flame! Wow!

#52     Jul 12, 2013
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

Lol!

Well, I do own a PPK. I like it well, but just don't carry it much. My main theme here is it doesn't really matter what kind of handgun a person carries as long as they trust it, they shoot it well, and they don't leave it at home.

#53     Jul 12, 2013
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

I'm in the gun shine state.

As for NYC, I hear cops from other areas have to have written permission just to carry their duty weapons concealed while in the city.

Looks like NYPD has to "decide" whether or not you need to be allowed to carry a concealed weapon from this source: http://www.ehow.com/info_8764349_concealed-carry-laws-new-york.html

I'd say don't count on it unless you're in a high risk profession.

#54     Jul 12, 2013
  5. Yeap laws about that in NYC are very strict from my understanding. You know they sent Plaxico to prison for carrying a concealed even though he had a permit for the state of Florida.

The only person I know with this kind of license for NYC is a person whois a body guard for the stars.

#55     Jul 12, 2013
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Permit for the state of Florida means nothing in NYC as there is no reciprocity with New York State.

#56     Jul 12, 2013
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

Correct. The only thing I carry when in NYC is a pocket knife.

#57     Jul 12, 2013
  8. Yes, you really don't want to shoot yourself in the foot in nyc.

#58     Jul 12, 2013
  9. I won't carry a single-stack. It forces access to a second mag. I love 1911s and own a Les Baer SRP. It's very accurate but low capacity and it's a bit finicky. I've had feed-failures with it.

I've owned Glock 9s in the past and never had a single failure to go bang. Not once in perhaps 3000 rounds. LEAPs 1911 Sig looks awesome, however.

#59     Jul 12, 2013
  10. Knife laws in NYC prohibit any folder over 4", IIRC.

Strider SMF titanium framelock in 3V steel. I own a few of these in various configs:

[​IMG]

#60     Jul 12, 2013