Concealed Carry

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tsing Tao, Jul 10, 2013.

1. wartrace

wartrace

1911 ++++

#41     Jul 11, 2013
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

You already gave the answer to what you will want. In your mind, the 1911 does the job. Go with that. You can buy a Springfield 1911, Kimber or other brand, and have a 3.5lb trigger installed, a slide to frame fit, and great sights added for not much $. You'll carry your 1911 "cocked n locked," meaning once you draw it, you'll need to move the weapon to fire from safe with your thumb, then it's all you for 8+1 rounds. And yes, dropping that safety is EASY stuff after you've trained with it. Shooting is ALL about shot placement, not capacity, looks, or anything else. You put the .45 round in the right place, and the fight is over. End of story.

If you want to spend more on a "turn key" 1911, I'd suggest Les Baer, Wilson, etc., However, these will run you around $3,000+ vs about $1,300 max for a reputable 1911 that's been tuned up, and done right for a combat shooter.

Take a look at what I carry in the winter time here in FL. It's stock out of the box. [​IMG]

I've got numerous custom 1911's, but for pure combat, this Sig 1911 can't be beat. The trigger is "pretty good," (and IS adjustable for creep), is extremely reliable, and very accurate out to 50 meters. I paid less than a grand for this one nib.

#42     Jul 11, 2013
  3. Redneck

Redneck

Either the Colt or Baretta (just depends on which I grab first)

When its hot - small of the back

When it cooler - under the shoulder (my preference as I can carry extra mag under the other shoulder)

RN

#43     Jul 11, 2013
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

Why not go with the Galco "Miami Classic" which has two mag pouches opposite of the gun side? Probably the best shoulder holster I've ever owned. On top of that, it was made famous by Don Johnson in Miami Vice, meaning your barrel head friends like mine, won't pick on you. About $120 for the rig, and will last you your lifetime.

#44     Jul 11, 2013
  5. How do you know he would win the fight? There's a few tough 45 year olds out there. The best thing happened, no one got hurt.

#45     Jul 11, 2013
  6. Redneck

Redneck

I'll check it out :)

RN

#46     Jul 11, 2013
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

No.

My dad once said to me "here's my .22. Don't shoot anyone with it, because they might notice and get pissed off."

#47     Jul 12, 2013
  8. LEAPup,

Is the North American Arms mini revolver a viable carry gun? I mean, can you hit anything with it and how is it to handle? Would it stop someone in a fight? Or would you have to get lucky with bullit placement?

It strikes me as a nice thing to carry when you're jogging, etc and don't want to mess with a real gun but it could come in handy against a rabid dog, etc.

#48     Jul 12, 2013
  9. BTW, you guys should listen to Leap. Glock and LCR are a great combo. The thing with these guns like a Walther or HK is, how are you going to get parts for them 10 years from now?

Any gunsmith in the US can basically make a glock from scratch with replacement parts.

#49     Jul 12, 2013
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

What? Walther has been in business 130 years! What makes you think the next 10 years is it for them?

I think we finally found AAA's topic weakness. :)

#50     Jul 12, 2013