Concealed Carry

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tsing Tao, Jul 10, 2013.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

OUCH!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

When I wore a silly badge, one of the guys I worked with had an HK MP-5 stolen from his house. ATF rules say the full auto is supposed to be under lock and key. Poor bastard was cleaning it, then left it on the dinner table before taking his Wife to the mall. He got some time off for that one. Yes, the HK was found later in a meth house.

#31     Jul 11, 2013
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

I would have loved to see you calmly take out a poke of chewing tobacco, ask "what's that you're saying?" Then spit in the guy's face, and mash his mouth shut. I bet he'd think twice about jumping out of his vehicle and pulling some asinine shit like that again.

#32     Jul 11, 2013
  3. wartrace

wartrace

I do not use any security devices due to the fact I am in a low crime area. If I were worried about a vehicle break in there are devices to secure the weapon.

#33     Jul 11, 2013
  4. Magna

Magna Administrator

Along with all the new concealed carry permits of the last couple years the single-stack market has really heated up for those who want a little more oomph than a .380. And all these new thinner designs and smaller bodies make IWB carry much easier. In 9mm besides the Shield and Walther PPS there is the new Springfield XDs, Beretta Nano, Kimber Solo, Ruger LC9, Taurus PT709 Slim, Kel-Tec PF-9, Diamondback DB9, and Kahr PM9/CM9/CW9/K9. Lots of choices and some of them like the Shield, Walther and Kahrs are also available in .40 S&W single-stack. And there are even a few like the XDs, Kahr CW-45 and Glock 36 that are available in .45 ACP single-stack to join the smaller Kimbers.

#34     Jul 11, 2013
  5. LEAPup

LEAPup

Here's a blog for some of you barrel heads:
    http://www.myutahccw.com/utah-cfp-training/home/top-15-concealed-carry-handguns

Looks like my two top choices are ranked #6 (Ruger LCP) and #13 (Glock 26)

Again, the best gun for concealed carry? Million dollar question. My $10 answer would be one that you'll carry every day, shoots well, and is one you'll not leave at home.

I'm a big time 1911 fan, and yes, when it's cool enough in the FL winters, will pack one under a light jacket and two spare 8 round mags. In the summer? Well, all of my 1911's are in the safe right now if that says anything.

#35     Jul 11, 2013
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

#36     Jul 11, 2013
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

You and I know the 1911 is the finest semi automatic handgun that's ever been produced. John Browning was the epitome of genius.

And as for the .45, I know first hand what kind of stopping power it has. It's by far the best defensive (imo. No fighting here guys:D ) round that's ever been made. It's fat, heavy, relatively slow-moving, and has wicked knock down power. It's hard to fathom that the 1911 really isn't much different (besides TONS of small fine tuning to create perfection), than it was 102 years ago. Now that's an amazing story all in it's own!

#37     Jul 11, 2013
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

See, I have the ppk as well and it's actually my least favorite pistol. Clunky. I gave it to my wife because she's a huge James Bond fan, and it's his gun (though it's 380).

#38     Jul 11, 2013
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

James Bond was the main reason I bought it. Lol! I don't carry it. It's heavy vs the Ruger LCP with Crimson Trace I have in my front pocket right now, that I'll sometimes forget to take out to lay beside my car keys at night. I'll have to say, I've never accidentally washed it, however.:D

My North American Arms .22 Mag I can't say the same for. Oh yes, it made it to the washer once. Thank God it was laying in the washer, and didn't make it to the dryer (heat and rim fires, not a good combination...):eek:

Btw, if you're ever over on the east coast, lmk. I'm a member at an FOP range, and member at another "high tech" range. I'll show you why you should put a nice 12 gauge in your trunk.

#39     Jul 11, 2013
  10. what a great thread.

So i finally got to the range a few times, only handguns, and i still haven't bought anything. I've shot a kimber full size 1911, a baby DE in 9mm, a cute little ruger 22 and a ruger gp100. All were fun, but the trigger on the 1911 was just far and away better (unless i manually cocked the revolver). It made hitting targets much easier, and it had a muzzle brake on it which made the recoil 'softer' than the all steel 9 as far as i could tell. I asked the owner if the muzzle brake made a big difference and he says it would be noticeable without it but not a major difference. I am thinking for my first pistol, either a CZ 75 single action only for the better trigger or a ruger 1911 either full size or commander sized, I don't know if they can really be concealed but which one do you guys think is best in general?

Also with the 22 you can just bomb 'em out as there is virtually no recoil, does anyone think that round is viable for home defense and/or carry?

#40     Jul 11, 2013