Concealed Carry

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tsing Tao, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

A SWAT team member on the left coast had a department M16 stolen from his truck last year.

#21     Jul 11, 2013
  2. The gun theft thing would be a problem for me if I ever decided I had the need or want to carry a gun around all the time. My business involves being in people's homes and business's and I don't think it would be right to carry weapons in those places and especially concealed. When I was working in Miami a few years back some of the neighborhoods I was working were some damn rough places and I though about taking a pistol with me then. But I'd have to leave it in my truck which wouldn't protect me any and could put me in more danger if someone stole my gun while I was in someone's house. The whole concealed carry thing seems like it would be a pain. Now if I had to live in those Miami ghetto's I would have a gun close by, but I ain't gonna live there.

#22     Jul 11, 2013
  3. Magna

Magna Administrator

For those who want to turn this Chit Chat thread into another anti-gun rant, or anti-American screed, or heaven forbid twist it into another Trayvon Martin commentary (all posts along those lines have been removed) please post to the threads in P&R or start your own in P&R. This thread is about...

#23     Jul 11, 2013
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Much appreciated, Magna!

#24     Jul 11, 2013
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

XD9 sub compact vs. PPS

[​IMG]

IWB holsters would work well with such a slim weapon. It's even thinner than my SIG p238

The only pistol I've seen as thin is probably an M&P Shield.

#25     Jul 11, 2013
  6. If you drive a pick-up truck, there are any number of bolted down high security safe's you can put into your center console.

#26     Jul 11, 2013
  7. I've thought about getting the XD and just keeping it in the truck. I wished I had one on me the other day, I was going down a neighborhood road coming up on the stop sign at a main road, well some guy pulls out of the neighborhood and cuts me off. I had to slam on the brakes and almost nailed him. Well this guy, clearly an idiot, puts the car in park and walks back to my car and starts yelling at me asking what my problem is and why I'm tailgating him and I said wtf are you talking about you just cut me off?! Well the guy goes on and says I'm about to drag you out of the car and kick your ass in the middle of the road! This guy is like 45, wearing khakis and a polo dressed nice with his wife and kid in the car. He must have just had a bad day and been pissed or something.

But after he said he was gonna drag me out of the car he started walking towards the door so I put the car in park, took my seat belt off and said lets go old man! I got ready to slam him with the door and come out swinging. After I took my seatbelt off though and said that he backed up, I guess he realized he wasn't intimidating me and I was taking what he said as a threat because he kept blabbing and just walked off saying I was lucky it was him because someone else would have kicked my ass in the middle of the road. Blah blah. Pretty funny though. It would have been nice to pull that out when he came to the door and say think again buddy lol.

I was hoping he would try opening the door I was ready to roll lol. Ok that's my rant on a nice situation for a gun.

#27     Jul 11, 2013
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Thin is the way to go if you're only wearing a thin shirt over your weapon.
    I recently looked for a possible second pistol but couldn't find anything significantly thinner than my Colt in my preferred caliber.

#28     Jul 11, 2013
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

Sorry. Here's a clip draw. And you can put these on other guns as well besides Glocks. [​IMG]

Btw, I LOVE Sigs as well! I've only got one Walther PPK, and do like it. As far as Sig rifles, pure quality. I'm hoping to slip away this weekend, and pick up one of these [​IMG]

#29     Jul 11, 2013
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

I bet you'd do well putting a Remington 887 Nitro Express Tactical in your car. With the weather here in FL, and the coating on that shotgun, you'd have a great setup. You should be able to pick one up for around $450-$475. That shotgun and small tactical light (one that strobes to disorient), and a bandolier of ammo, and the truck of your car would thank you.:)

[​IMG]

#30     Jul 11, 2013