Concealed Carry

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tsing Tao, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Wow, that's nish! I have a surplus molle FAST pack and I can reach over my shoulder and reach it. I had one of the first poly Walthers many years ago. What's the capacity on that?

#11     Jul 11, 2013
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The 9mm version comes with two clips, I believe. 7 and an extended 8 clip. The 40 version (which I have) is 6 with an extended clip of 7 (visible in the OP). Put one in the chamber and you've got 8. It also has the QA trigger, which I'm a fan of.

#12     Jul 11, 2013
  3. But isn't the glock a double stack with twice the mag capacity?

#13     Jul 11, 2013
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The capacity isn't double. The 21 is a 10/13 if memory serves. Remember, however, that the objective here is concealed carry. That means the best firepower for the most concealment.

If large guns were not an issue, I'd just carry my Sig P226 around. That's about the same size as the glock 21.

#14     Jul 11, 2013
  5. wartrace

wartrace

I have a Kimber ProCarry in .45acp.

I also have a Springfield Armory 16" M1a rifle I carry behind the seat of my truck.:) (just in case I need "more")

#15     Jul 11, 2013
  6. LEAPup

LEAPup

Lol! Understood completely!

As for me, I carry a Glock 26 with "clip draw" most of the time. [​IMG]

I also recommend Hornady Critical Duty 9mm +P.

When I get tired of some of the bulk, I'll put a Ruger LCP with crimson trace in my pocket. Again, Hornady (.380) is what I'll carry in it.
    [​IMG]

Btw, I didn't take these pics. Guess I'm getting lazy in my old(er) age.

#16     Jul 11, 2013
  7. Anybody carry the Springfield XD? I have shot the 4.5" 9mm and loved it. It fits my hand well and it holds 19+1. It seems a little large to carry though, but I am not positive. I am going to be getting something later this year and getting my permit.

#17     Jul 11, 2013
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

The XD is a good shooter. And yes, most people love the way the back strap is shaped to fit the hands so well. I'd recommend it. However, one thing to keep in mind when buying a full size pistol for concealed carry is, will you sooner or later get tired of carrying it due to size/weight, etc., and leave it at home?

For carrying in your car, absolutely go with the XD. If you live in a warm climate where you're wearing shorts, polo shirt, etc., I'd recommend something smaller that you won't get tired of carrying. I carried a Glock 30SF for some time, then one day I left it at home, then another time left it at home, ultimately leading up to it becoming a nightstand gun.

This is why I like the Ruger LCP so well. I leave it beside my car keys, and it goes in my pocket like clockwork before I leave the house. I love my Glock 26, but there are times when I'll keep it in the glove box vs carry it.

#18     Jul 11, 2013
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I don't know what it is, just never been a glock guy. I like SIGs and Walthers. And in long rifles, SIGs and H&K.

#19     Jul 11, 2013
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Thought about putting a rifle in my car, but I'm just not in the car that often, and I'd be worried about a break in.

#20     Jul 11, 2013