Computer running at 100% CPU Usage and not sure why

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by brownsfan019, Oct 1, 2007.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

I turn Ecry back on, it run as Trader.exe it run about 3-5% of CPU.

#21     Oct 1, 2007
  2. gnome

gnome

He deserves to be rich. He revolutionized the world. Yes, it cost some $$, but overall Microsoft has high utility value.

#22     Oct 1, 2007
  3. Let me be more specific:

COMPUTER #1 - MAINLY RUNNING OPEN ECRY CHARTS AND THAT'S IT.

AMD Athloan 64 Processor
    3000+
    2.01 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM

This computer is the one spiking like crazy.

------------

COMPUTER #2

For comparison purposes, I also run OEC charts, DOM's and a few other windows and it runs fine. It has:

Pentium 4 CPU 3.4 GHZ
    2 GB of RAM

-------------

Let me answer some questions:

When OEC trader is running, it is by far the largest user of resources but it's hard to view the charts w/o this running. =)

On the other 5 computers I have here, they operate fine when on the internet, browsing, etc.

I thought that too, but OEC is insisting that it's an issue on my machine b/c the other computer is running OEC software just fine.

Computer is shut down each night.

This may be the best option at this point. Something appears to have gotten screwed up and not sure if it's easier to find that or just start over.

#23     Oct 1, 2007
  4. [​IMG]

Here's a visual if that helps at all.

Maybe those spikes aren't as bad as I think, but it seems like my OEC trader hangs a bit recently so that's what got me looking at this.

#24     Oct 1, 2007
  5. gnome

gnome

It's times like this which highlight the value and importance of having backup systems...

There are only 2 kinds of traders... those WITH backup systems, and those who WISH they'd had them.

Backups can not only save your bacon in a catastrophe, they can aid in troubleshooting lesser problems.

#25     Oct 1, 2007
  6. I should note that it also spikes even after OEC is closed down. When I open an Internet Explorer window, it spikes to about 80% and then back to 0.

#26     Oct 1, 2007
  7. Good point gnome. It's good that I have a total of 6 computers here, so this is not life threatening, but it's bugging the shit out of me! :D

#27     Oct 1, 2007
  8. gnome

gnome

Well then, you ought to have backup SOMETHING! :D

#28     Oct 1, 2007
  9. Yeah, backup is not the problem. I just want to solve this problem. That's how I am - when there's an issue at hand, I want to solve it and move on.

One thing I did notice is that I am running Diskkeeper on other computers and NOT this one. I will load it and see if that helps.

#29     Oct 1, 2007
  10. gnome

gnome

I'd be surprised if Diskkeeper were the problem.

#30     Oct 1, 2007