computer question -- am i being ripped off here?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tortoise, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Surdo

Surdo

Shop around a little, as mentioned the video card is way more than you need, there are much better deals. You do not need anything special to trade. Why do you need more than 2 large monitors anyway?

I'll pass on eBay.

#51     Mar 9, 2010
  2. 1. The text said "OS not included"... so maybe they need to correct that.

2. Yes, the Dell T3400 is using an X38 mobo with socket 775... that's the reason you can still get one for $600. Not really "too old"... I just bought another one new before they disappeared.

#52     Mar 9, 2010
  3. there never seems to be enough real estate
    [I guess it depends on what you trade]

I do opening OPGs, so I have a list of 100 stocks I send in on the open, so I have to monitor just that list alone.
    Then I do Pairs trading the rest of the day, and have a pair watcher for currently held stocks,
    and then I watch hundreds more, and that takes some screen space.

And one monitor for news, etc.
    I guess I could get by with 2 large screens, but then you get tired of moving things around,
    and once you've tried 4 monitors it's hard to go back.

Marc

#53     Mar 9, 2010
  4. Looks like those who are fans of the Dell Precision T3400 have migrated to the T3500.

T3400 no longer for sale on retail site, but will likely appear in limited numbers on Outlet site for 6-12 months or so.

T3500s on the Outlet site have declined from >140 units offered to <30 units in about a week.

#54     Mar 10, 2010