Computer periodically reboots

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mktman, Feb 18, 2003.

1. mktman

mktman

Solved the problems.
    Brserial was the router.
    Thx for the hints where to look TGRegg.

mktsurf

#21     Feb 18, 2003
  2. He did give good advice though.. (get a Dell)

FRuiTY

#22     Feb 18, 2003
  3. prox

prox

#23     Feb 19, 2003
  4. Zuizo

Zuizo

Hey Guys,

I'm having the same problem with my Win 2000 pro... it randomly reboots.

When I go to my event viewer... I find this "save dump" message:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e (0x80000004, 0x80067b26, 0x85de5968, 0x85de5bcc). Microsoft Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in: C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini021903-01.dmp.

Any ideas what this means and how I can resolve this issue??

TIA

-- Z

#24     Feb 19, 2003
  5. Dont' you just love the way MSFT says, "Windows has taken a dump and left it on your hard drive" :D

I had the same problem way back with the original release of Win2k. Turns out my ethernet card of all things was faulty. It would just hiccup for no reason and totally louse up the system. I was getting IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL faults and those can be maddening since they're caused by just about anything hardware.

Errant java scripts would cause the card to lock up and fault the system. After I pitched the card the system was stable.

#25     Feb 19, 2003
  6. For whatever it's worth, a computer rebooting randomly and/or defaulting to a blue screen error message is often a sign of a stick of defective (or loose) RAM. A good clue is if, in successive error events, you get a slightly (or completely) different blue screen error message from one time to the other.

Elvis

#26     Feb 19, 2003
  7. sammybea

sammybea

Tech.. I have the EXACT same problem. It all started with Win2k and the blue sceen with Win xp pro. It always seemed like any type of java applet was triggering it. But other times, java wasn't running and Blue screen with the IRQL error. :mad: :mad: :mad:
    So going to try to replace the ethernet card. Hopefully this will make it stable. Thanks.

#27     Feb 19, 2003
  8. fleance

fleance

There is a known problem with Java 1.4.1 where a windows machine will reboot / blue screen death when closing a java application. The problem only happens with certain video cards (ATI usually)

You can workaround by adding the following to the java startup line
    -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true

Or you can switch back to JDK 1.3.x

#28     Feb 19, 2003
  9. mktman

mktman

Anybody got any idea what this error in the event viewer means?

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7000
    Date: 2/21/2003
    Time: 6:19:56 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer:
    Description:
    The IPSEC driver service failed to start due to the following error:
    Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

Thx

#29     Feb 25, 2003
  10. speedy

speedy

I had the same problem with the blue screen this week. It was a registry problem. Had it fixed and the pc works fine.

#30     Feb 25, 2003