Computer Insurance

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trade555, May 1, 2003.

1. Does anybody know if there is insurance coverage for daytraders who smash there computers because they can't accept there losses. Every week I need a new monitor, keyboard and mouse. I am looking for some type of fist to computer collision coverage. If anyone out there can quote me a rate please let me know.

2. Thanx. But they only cover accidental damage. Do you think my fists of rage are accidental or a anger management problem? I think I will call them and ask. Whats the worst that could happen I could only get angry and smash my phone.

3. TKO- Thanx for the link. Very interesting. They have a minimum of 10,000 in base coverage which costs 200. That seems reasonable. I live in the Ghetto (all of New Orleans is). I am surprised I have not been robbed yet. If I do get robbed, they have about 30k in computer stuff to take. Seems like a good deal to me.

Does anyone else out there have any first hand experience with these guys? How reliable are they? How fast do they fill claims? Are they AM Best rated?

4. phantom

phantom

renter's/homeowner's insurance should cover your computer gear in case of theft.

5. taodr

taodr

Praetorian. Your homeowners policy should cover contents. Also you no doubt trade as a business therefore all your tools should be covered by insurance. Which is deductible. Also depreciated.

6. Valium anyone ...

7. Are you fuckin' serious??

8. I have a trader like that; we finally gave him an extra cheap mouse to break ...

9. Physical protection might be cheaper than buying insurance (especially after the 3rd or 4th claim).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#10     May 2, 2003