Computer freezes up??????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jpomerenke, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Ok... so i reinstalled the drivers, and now ihave new problem... im only getting one monitor to load up... HELP!

#31     Feb 7, 2004
  2. No one here has mentioned anything about the Power Supply.

Although it is not a very glamorous piece of equipment, it is extremely important. And just don't go by the announced amount of wattage that it states. I would check to see what kind of power is coming from your rails:

+3.3V
    +5.0V
    + 12V

Remember, Amps times the Rail = Watts
    Add the watts of all 3 rails up and multiply by 72% for your actual wattage. But more importantly, check to see how much power your +3.3V rail is putting out. This is the rail that supports not only your AGP card, but RAM too!

The +12V rail supports Athlon and P4 processors.
    ie.) My P4 at 2.6 draws 111 watts.

:)

#32     Feb 7, 2004
  3. Saint196

Saint196

I had a problem last year with my new PC. I started with dial-up and 256RAM using AOL 8.0. I crashed every several days and spent more time with AOL techinal service than the law allows.
    Finally I ordered another 256RAM memory and my problems disappearded immediately. Then I went to AOL 9.0 and then DSL, and had a few problems, but now I can trade, play games, read e-mails all at the same time with no problem. Unless my a/c unit cuts in and sometimes it cuts me out.

#33     Feb 7, 2004
  4. it was just the video cards... i ordered new ones...

#34     Feb 7, 2004
  5. AOL is a memory hog.
    Better to get rid of it and get AIM for instant messaging and maintaining an AOL screename e-mail account for $2.95 per month.

#35     Feb 7, 2004
  6. jzbqhr

jzbqhr

The driver problem you have may not be with the new ATI but
    a conflict with prior driver (nvidia drivers are often a major
    problem... ) that has settings etc still in registry.
    You can try this link www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/
    for a removal tool
    or you may want to reload OS if you are still having problems,
    sometimes that is the final solution.

#36     Feb 8, 2004
  7. Try this... usuually your window hangs or reboots by itself whenever the memory is not compatible with your motherboard or your memory is bad. Try replacing the memory and see what effects that has . Windows will hang whenever it tries to write to a specific address and when that causes a problem in the memory.

#37     Feb 8, 2004