Computer freezes up??????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jpomerenke, Feb 6, 2004.

1. cosmic

cosmic

to delete their Catalyst drivers with the removal tool, as said: its not the radeon chipset etc, but the driver suite which can be very unstable at times...

You can also run good hardware checking tool through the night, will look up a good tool for you, as of now short of time :)

more to come,
    cosmic

#21     Feb 7, 2004
  2. I had a similar problem that drove me mad for 6 months,finally i found out the problem,namely overheating,atm i have removed the side of the case that houses the computer and have not had a problem since.

#22     Feb 7, 2004
  3. So far so good...no freezes now that the ATI is out of it... BUT... i had the side off the whole time...just put it on.... maybe it is overheating..BUT i highley dought it... the thing has 5 Huge fans in it... and all the PCs in the office would be having simmular problems i would think if they werent cool enough. .....more to come..

#23     Feb 7, 2004
  4. Thanks Cosmic... Look forward .. :)

#24     Feb 7, 2004
  5. Ya i am running Xp pro.. havent said that yet...

#25     Feb 7, 2004
  6. How do you like XP PRO compared to 2000 PRO?

Thanks

#26     Feb 7, 2004
  7. cosmic

cosmic

Hi,

good to hear that I does somewhat better without the ATI, but also take a look at their trial found here:

http://www.passmark.com

Best & good weekend,
    cosmic

#27     Feb 7, 2004
  8. cosmic

cosmic

Hi,

I have discontinued using XP Pro for all my trading pcs, because of simple performance reasons, could be nice if someone needs really a bunch of displays (XP will allow one more than 2K), but I am happy with three :D

So far, 2K Pro is a really good choice I think.

Anyone using 2003 Server for some dual (quad) machine?

best
    cosmic

#28     Feb 7, 2004
  9. Ok..so it must be the ATI cause it hasnt froze up still...now do you think its just th drivers and i should reinstall them or do you think teh actual card is damaged?

#29     Feb 7, 2004
  10. cosmic

cosmic

be not the card, but instead the catalyst, see if you can get some older releases from ATI, this can sometimes work...although there a quite a bit people having probs with their drives...

Just put up this card on EBay & shop for a new Geforce with multiple DVI (Matrox with quad is also suberb investment:D ) & 128MR Memory...

best
    cosmic

#30     Feb 7, 2004