Computer for college and trading

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Christheendlesslearner, Dec 28, 2020.

1. I am going away to college next year and am trying to decide what laptop to purchase. My main priority is college but will also need something to paper/day trade on. I have researched the MacBook Pro M1 and it sounds like a great option because of its speed. My main concern with this laptop is the Rosetta program but it sounds like the program barely affects the overall performance. If you have any suggestions for great laptops that would work for school and trading please let me know. Thanks

2. Bad_Badness

Bad_Badness

stochastix likes this.
  3. Peter8519

Peter8519

If you intend to use charting software such as Metastock, Multicharts etc, it's best to stick to Windows system.

VicBee likes this.
  4. concur with the fellow who recommended MSI. excellent quality

MrDickeyFuller likes this.
  5. easymon1

easymon1

6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Get two...one for school and one for trading. Keep that routine for the rest of your trading life. Simply, don't put all your eggs in one basket.

For example, have two brokers just in case one goes down or has connection problems for the day.

wrbtrader

Overnight likes this.
  7. easymon1

easymon1

8. Overnight

Overnight

Then your expensive college courses are not going to teach you a damned thing about the world you are about to enter. You know, the REAL world?

You do not need "speed" for paper trading, and you do not need "speed" for taking online classes with point-and-click exams and web surfing.

What kind of programs will your college be giving you that you need a Cray Supercomputer with multiple Xeon cores for you to do your classwork on? NONE!

Don't buy into the BS of Apple's overpriced proprietary hardware. Get an Asus (Or Dell,) whatever, and you'll be fine.

LISTEN!