Computer beats human experts at poker

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Excellent explanation. That all makes perfect sense to me. Esp. like the one about winning large pots with good hands since theres not so much contrast with your typical bet.

#21     Aug 19, 2008
  2. who cares? hold em is a retarded game based mostly on luck.

i've seen total newbies with 15 minutes of lifetime experience beat experienced people, not once but multiple times.

let's see a total newb beat an experienced tennis, golf, chess, pool or basketball player?

#22     Aug 20, 2008
  3. you MUST be right about the luck too many no-name newbs with bracelets :confused:

why is it every numbnut thinks they are a genius card shark?

#23     Aug 20, 2008
  4. Says the guy with blackjack in his screen name.

#24     Aug 20, 2008
  5. #25     Aug 20, 2008

6. I like that view. Sounds a lot like stock trading.

#26     Aug 22, 2008
  7. no it doesn't. not in the least.

#27     Aug 23, 2008
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

this is assuming you are playing with a bunch of newbs. Lets assume you are not. This type of play will get figured out quickly, obviously a bad player will let you know he figured it out, while a shark will just give you enough rope to hang yourself....peace

#28     Aug 23, 2008
  9. Of course I've heard that argument a thousand times and so has every other aggressive player such as Doyle, Gus and 90% of the playing populus that is truly successful. There's not enough rope in the world to hang us all. Yeah, never play 4 - 6 offsuit out of position - bla bla bla. Truth is, most players wish they were aggresive but just dont have the balls. Here's another truth - most very good aggressive players are also very good tight aggressive players but you'll rarely find a good TA player that is also good LA. I can play TA players without looking at my cards. I can also play a violent TA game when the table is full of loose players. A shark will do what? Win one pot off me IF he manages to trap me?? Check raise me?? LOL. For me that's like a freeroll. I can get away from a hand at will - can the "shark" when I have the nutz? So I give back a few bucks I took off him or the other dead money at the table - big deal. I've sat at 100s of tables with other very good players and for the most part we're looking for the same - the dead money so there not to much of a clash and not much fireworks when we do. Tourneys are different of course. And for the record - I'll admit I always look for the softest games at the highest stakes I can find. The dead money. I'm not looking to challenge myself or see how good I am against those of equal skill. Fuck that. I'm looking to fleece the sheep and use them to fund the lifestyle I'm used to - same goes for my trading.

#29     Aug 23, 2008
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

the sheep are in the lower stake tables. I welcome aggressive play those are the people that fund my lifestyle and keep me going back to the track....peace

#30     Aug 24, 2008