Computational Finance & Risk Management Masters course

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ssp729, May 20, 2019.

1. 2rosy

2rosy

#11     May 20, 2019
  2. MarkBrown, you are an awesome. This is really good advice for those reading it.

As far as Steve Harvey and Dan Pena, both are selling dream. Lol, Steve Harvey the comdeian said just jump.

#12     May 21, 2019
  3. #13     May 21, 2019
  4. This is sooooooo true. We fear cause we don't know

#14     May 21, 2019
  5. This is an honest perspective.

#15     May 21, 2019
  6. pipeguy

pipeguy

Brilliant reply, thanks. You save a lot of time for us. Btw do you know which language Quantopian uses for their inbuild programming environment?

#16     May 22, 2019
  7. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

there is no one using quantopian that is rich nor matlab and dozens others i can name so do yourself a favor and ask. do i want to make money or do i want to be another dreaming geek lost in the discovery process never finding my way to really making money.

find out what people, who are making money are using and become proficient with those platforms and hopefully work within an environment of profitability before going out and doing your own thing. this is a minimum ten year plan and if you don't heed this advice you may wander the rest of your life.

#17     May 23, 2019
  8. Lol are you kidding me? No one in the world is rich using python? What year is it? 1990?

#18     Jun 6, 2019
  9. IMO you should watch Jim Simons MIT talk at the end. Here is advise on what to do from the god of financial engineers

No one is going to want to hear that of course but it is obvious truth.

In 20 years when you look back the great opportunities tomorrow will not be in financial engineering. That was 15-20 years ago.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    #19     Jun 6, 2019