Compulsive Trading Disorder

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by cap'ncod, Mar 26, 2012.

1. No, I do not work for Rosenthal.....

If you are hooked, then find your grail. You can do this cap'n. I am a Socratic instructor, if you ask the right questions, I will give you the answers.

#51     Mar 29, 2012
  2. Lornz

Lornz

I would say that he is more of a paranoid schizophrenic, which, by the way, is a terrible thing for a trader to be. Psychopaths make much better traders than that...

#52     Mar 29, 2012
  3. I've clearly laid out my Premise, RCG. Now you can refute it with clear, accurate, substantiated and honest logic. Be my guest.

#53     Mar 29, 2012
  4. emg

emg

Here is a research on mark barton:

The Possible Motives of Atlanta Day-Trading Mass Murderer Mark O. Barton

http://www1.csbsju.edu/uspp/research/barton.html

Millon and Davis (1998) describe the explosive psychopath as follows:

The explosive psychopath is differentiated from other psychopathic [or sadistic] variants by the unpredictable and sudden emergence of hostility. These "adult tantrums," characterized by uncontrollable rage and fearsome attacks upon others, occur frequently against members of the [explosively sadistic] psychopath’s own family.

#54     Mar 29, 2012
  5. Enough psychopath material for a while please emg. Let's just stick with the normal, man. Most retail traders are regular guys, not sexy psychopaths or vampires.

#55     Mar 29, 2012
  6. Brass

Brass

Quite right. For whatever reason, I was inadvertently blurring the lines between psychosis and psychopathy. Perhaps I was having an episode of my own.

But I'm feeling much better now.

#56     Mar 29, 2012
  7. The only logical refutation I can provide is that I am sitting here doing the very thing you say cannot be done as I type this. I do not know what other traders do or do not do. I do not read articles about what can or cannot be done, as it is opinion, nothing more.

My personal premise on life is that if even one person can clear a given obstacle then all people can clear that same obstacle, given the ordinary amount of intellect and an extraordinary amount of drive if the given obstacle is not a natural one for you to overcome.

That all I can say about the topic. I am my own example of you being incorrect about your premise, and all you need to falsify a hypothesis is a single example of that hypothesis being incorrect.

#57     Mar 29, 2012
  8. emg

emg

The topic is about:

Compulsive Trading Disorder

Compulsive Trading disorder is part of psychopaths. All the research links I provide will be able to help u study the psychological of trading. Seems like these studies are harming u?

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/index.php

#58     Mar 29, 2012
  9. emg

emg

Here is another interesting link small traders should take note:

Jesse Lauriston Livermore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Lauriston_Livermore

Jesse Lauriston Livermore (July 26, 1877 — November 28, 1940), also known as the Boy Plunger[1] and "Great Bear of Wall Street", was an early 20th century stock investor. He was famed for making and losing several multi-million dollar fortunes and short selling during the stock market crashes in 1907 and 1929.

Untouchable trusts and cash assets at his death totalled over $5 million. A lifelong history of clinical depression had become the dominant factor in his final years.

If u can somehow change this psychological traps by studing Psychological Traders Behavior. If u refused to take notes on some of these traders experienced, u are walking into a trap like the OP:

#59     Mar 29, 2012
  10. heypa

heypa

The only reason for stock shares originally was to get the public to finance their ventures. Once they had that and knew the public was amenable they took the obvious step to extract more. No more just trying to screw each other under the buttonwood tree why not let the public into the game.
    The public has been losing ever since. Barnum was right. " There's a sucker born every minute,and two to take him.".
    Welcome to the games. Incidentally the game IS NOT HONEST. Honest business profits are never enough for some. I'm sure you have read the stories. It's just human nature. On with the game. It's rigged but it is the only game in town.

#60     Mar 29, 2012