Compulsive Trading Disorder

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by cap'ncod, Mar 26, 2012.

1. This thread is about helping those who are hooked. Those who have become addicted to the narcotic of the 'wealth through day-trading' addiction. I fully expected to be accused of failure and 'sour grapes'. I'm not roaming the forums attacking people's delicate sense of confidence (so important for the 'centred' Trader), undermining their chances of making themselves rich through gambling with loaded dice. Instead I've tried to create an antidote to the Myth that keeps people hooked. You, RCG, are perpetuating it and potentially harming others. What harm am I doing, in expressing my belief about the impossibility of beating colossal forces that effectively control the self-harming game traders play? As I've said before, this thread was designed for 'failures', so why are you so interested in my 'projections'? You sound desperate to keep the Myth alive.

#111     Mar 31, 2012
  2. Brass

Brass

It would appear that you have a need to keep your own narrative alive. Is that because you want to help others, or perhaps because that narrative gives you comfort for some reason?

#112     Mar 31, 2012
  3. Lornz

Lornz

I am quite certain that his motives are entirely altruistic. When out shopping, he also lectures strangers on the dangers of alcohol and cigarettes.

#113     Mar 31, 2012
  4. Brass

Brass

Oh, okay. I always get these things wrong. I thought it might have been akin to someone who can't get laid preaching the virtues of abstinence.

#114     Mar 31, 2012
  5. d08

d08

Look around the forum, there is plenty of evidence on the contrary to what you just said.
    You seem to be in the same boat with emg, so I won't go any further in this topic. You are free to believe what you want but the evidence says otherwise.

#115     Mar 31, 2012
  6. Okay, guys, my last post.

Only in films do primitives with bow and arrows beat the gunships. Look what Colt and Winchester did for the American Natives. Increasingly we live in a world where fantasy becomes a distorted reality: the dream factory, where you can become a superhero. Those who own the most powerful technology will win the day. Doesn't mean we should stop striving for achievement though:

http://youtu.be/zO3kJ9RlvsE

Risk taking is one thing but suicide is another. Robert knows his strengths and his environment. He is in control. His is a concrete reality that he conquers through courage and will. He says he feels reborn when he reaches the top. He is an inspiration for man and his potential.

Increasingly we are coming to depend up technology that we have no control over. Technology that is often created to make us slavish consumers, cyphers. It makes us believe we are more powerful than we are. It distorts our sense of reality. I've stated that I think the Myth of 'trading' is an example of this. It is a narcotic where we get hooked into thinking that we can strike it rich. The whole industry is geared to making us fall into the trap. And in a wider sense, the whole notion of wealth aquisition fosters it. Ultimately, it's insidiuous and destructive as we keep losing. We come to see ourselves as failures.

Isolating and destructive as trading is, people will continue to do it because it's all about getting rich. Ultimately a shallow endeavour. I genuinely wish all my fellow victims well and hope you find peace and joy in your lives. For those who have come or are coming to the realization I have, may you find strength to step back fully into a real-world where the sun still shines and the birds still sing.

#116     Apr 1, 2012
  7. Good luck cap'n, and when you get back, the birds sing louder and the sun shines much brighter when you control your own destiny:)

#117     Apr 1, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

Primitives with bows and arrows who wish to survive pick their battles carefully and not on the terms of their larger opponents. Essentially, they play a different game.

http://www.answers.com/topic/guerilla-warfare

#118     Apr 1, 2012