Compliance to "diversity" and "affirmative action" cost 4% of GDP each year.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by phenomena, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Man those Bird vs Johnson matchups were great werent they?:D

#41     Mar 9, 2011
  2. I'd like to post a comment that is neither here nor there.

Substitute the word "sickle cell" for HIV/Aids.

"Sickle cell isn't an African disease"

"HIV/ Aids isn't a gay disease."

The conclusion reads like boilerplate academia.

#42     Mar 9, 2011
  3. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nutmeg, one is aquired (HIV), one is inherited (sickle cell)

With HIV in (all the world), 85% is the heterosexual people.

#43     Mar 9, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

I didn't say blacks dopey, I asked/suggested maybe different human races are sub species of the human/homo sapien species

Does every mention of race automatically have to mean dark skin/blacks to you moron? I'm talking about all different races/ethnicity not just blacks.

[​IMG]

Still don't see any differences? I do

Actually I said some are better than others in certain respects. Not that they're "better"/worth more or less than other humans. Maybe Bird is on the right hand side of the bell curve?

#44     Mar 9, 2011
  5. Thank you for so quickly demonstrating my point.

#45     Mar 9, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I would have said/thought intelligence is what makes you a smart guy.

#46     Mar 9, 2011
  7. Q: Aren't the different races of people subspecies of Homo sapien? Just like, for example, the Gray wolf (lupis) and Red wolf (rufus) are subspecies of Canis (canine). And to the people this offends, it shouldn't. Humans are animals after all. All the races.

A: Absolutely not. There are no sub-sepcies of Homo sapiens. All 6 billion of us are a single interbreeding population. Racial differences are notable only for certain phenotypic characteristics (skin color, facial features, etc.) that give the illusion of separate populations. DNA sequencing tells a different story.

In reality, there is just as much genetic variability between any two blacks, any two Caucasians, etc., than there is between two members of different races. For humans, "race" is not a genetically meaningful concept.

BTW, the red wolf and the grey wolf are different species (not sub-species), both belong to the genus Canis.
    Comments

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/518781

I guess pilots down saaaaoowwwth don't take biology...

#47     Mar 9, 2011
  8. Academia? That's means elitist liberal, right?

#48     Mar 9, 2011
  9. U assume trait over state, that is a common error. Exposure is who makes me what I am.

That is where people who assume races have inherently different attributes go wrong.

#49     Mar 9, 2011
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Care to explain/expound on that a bit more, for us poor dumb southern boys?

Admittedly I do think races have some different attributes. Some of which are superficial and or unimportant others more shall we say consequential. Of course I've been wrong before and am trying to keep an open mind here. Contrary to popular belief.

#50     Mar 9, 2011