Complex option strategy with superior risk-reward profile?

Discussion in 'Options' started by samer1, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Mr. Atticus...

Before the question, I am going to be in the Hot August Nights in Reno in two week, let me know if I can buy you dinner?

Secondly...I would like to know your opinion on the weekly expiry options showing what seems to be a higher IV than the historical... one, is there a skew that you're aware of that is making this happen, something I haven't thought of? Looking at both equities and SPX for example.

You've seen me post that I love to sell strangles, keeping those thetas coming in.... and, of course we see the higher IV on both puts and calls due to conversions etc.

Would love to hear your thoughts, the "old man" may be missing something.....

Let me know about dinner, Aug 9-11...

Don

#61     Jul 25, 2012

2. he probably doesn't even know..

#62     Jul 25, 2012
  3. Teycir

Teycir

MNX is illiquid, spread too wide.

#63     Jul 27, 2012
  4. SamGold

SamGold

I did the same you did: I kept a "secret", because you kept a "secret".

The only difference is that I know both "secrets", and the other difference is that you are irritated and I'm laughing.

Put a mirror in front of you before you comment a post of mine. A suggestion for the future, which I hope you will disregard, so that you remain ignorant.:eek:

#64     Jul 28, 2012
  5. yea .. its not like if you tell anyone in here anything you lose your edge.. at least i wouldn't think so

#65     Jul 28, 2012