Complex option strategy with superior risk-reward profile?

Discussion in 'Options' started by samer1, Jul 15, 2012.

1. samer1

samer1

I have just created a structure with a similiar PnL graph. This time, the structure consists of "only" 5 positions.

However, I have one important question. If the structure has a position of 15 QQQ puts @strike 66, what is the equivalent position in MNX or NDX?

I noticed that the ratio is not simply 1:4 (MNX) or 1:40 (NDX). There is a residual... How can I replicate a position in QQQ options with NDX or MNX options?

Thanks a lot!

#21     Jul 17, 2012
  2. It is humorous to me when someone thinks they have the secret trade and won't disclose strikes. Many a trader has dreamed of free long DN's to avoid of the pschological damage of theta bleed.

'Hope it does well for you.

#22     Jul 17, 2012
  3. samer1

samer1

There is no theta bleed... it is very minimal compared with a straddle. But wht do you mean with DN's?

#23     Jul 18, 2012
  4. free delta neutrals probably.. meaning you don't have cost of carrying the stock

#24     Jul 18, 2012
  5. samer1

samer1

Another modification of the base strategy.

Notice this:

The structure has a slightly negative delta and a negative vega. If the market rallies, IVs will fall (this correlation is siginficant!). Hence, the strategy offers very good protection.

I am still waiting for some answer on how to use MNX options instead of QQQ options. How can I replicate 20 QQQ options with MNX options? How do I choose the strike?

Thanks!

#25     Jul 18, 2012
  6. dude.. without knowing what general combination your putting on.. your blowing in the wind with anyone trying to help you adjust right?

#26     Jul 18, 2012
  7. samer1

samer1

Consider me egoistic. But I can not reveal the strikes. This strategy rocks! I love it... even if it is flawed in the eyes of some traders...

#27     Jul 18, 2012
  8. 5 strikes * 10 = $ 100 commission
    +
    your current pnl.

i wanna see how this ends

#28     Jul 18, 2012
  9. He won't show you how bad he loses cause he is euphoric about how cool his trade looks on the profit graph

#29     Jul 18, 2012
  10. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

It's unlikely this will go anywhere other than commissions. In a continious black scholes world, There won't be some optimal position where the 53 strike is more optimal than the 54 strike.

There's only like 3 parameters that matter here, you don't need 5 positions to manage that.

And the fact that the OP is being so secretive indicates that he doesn't understand how options models work.

#30     Jul 18, 2012