Complex Event Processing/Event Stream Processing

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by zzt, Apr 18, 2007.

1. onelot

onelot

No. hehe. This stuff is confusing because the language they use isn't meant for programmers, it's meant for non-programmers. When you hear them use all the fancy descriptions, you think "there's got to be more to it", but there actually isn't, hehe.

In your example, CEP/ESP would be someAnalysis, and would provide an interface in query format to access the class.

You're a programmer and probably do your own development, so CEP/ESP is worthless. Just like it is for me, because that's what I do too.

But, someone who has no idea how to deal with socket messages or create a someAnalysis class would probably find CEP/ESP a good tool. Or, a developer might want to use it to provide an SQL-like interface for his clients or company to use without that client needing to know c++. The only other reason I can think of is if a big fund or bank wanted to implement something like this, but after cost-analysis realized it would be cheaper to just purchase a canned solution.

#41     Apr 27, 2007
  2. We've been using CEP/ESPER with great success over the past few months.

Steam of events "order messages" are sent to a risk monitoring engine, the engine queries on event stream and or event properties analysis is performed on Time based queries, aggregation, statistical trends and various calculations

The engine executes business logic in response to successfull queries.

EQL even query language is modeled on SQL and extremly fast query and execution we can process more than 150,000 messages/sec (quad core 64bit amd)

#42     Sep 18, 2007