Completion of Investigation of mini-sized Dow trading on July 3

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by CPTrader, Sep 29, 2003.

1. TG

TG

Whine go the electronic traders. That's why pits with real market makers will be here forever.

#11     Sep 30, 2003
  2. kind of like europe?

#12     Oct 1, 2003
  3. Time for a "reality" check!

As a former stock-index pit trader, you are really kidding yourself if you don't think that "prints" get taken down in a trading pit, and depending on where "stops" went off, disrupt every single floor broker and trader in the pit, as the floor committee figures out who got violated and whether or not the "print" will stand.

This happens all the time.

DUH.

:eek:

#13     Oct 1, 2003
  4. TG

TG

Waggie
    Gee, really. Trading has always been a bit of a war with people of all sorts involved. I just enjoy commenting when I visit this place and read the wishes of those who want pits to disappear so the game won't be so difficult I guess. Jealousy is a horrible thing.

#14     Oct 1, 2003
  5. I'm saddened and dismayed by the lack of sophistication being displayed here.

1) If there were NO bust policy, then the manipulators would be ripping you all a new one with great regularity. Think about it.

2) The DOW thing may well have been as they reported, who cares. That they are implementing safeguards is the important point.

3) This is supposed to be a fair and orderly market, within reason. To say that any trade should stand , no matter how absurd or faulty is ludicrous. If you want a street fight, then get your switchblades and brass knuckles and meet me at ....... wait a second, come to think of it, that describes the S&p pit.

#15     Oct 2, 2003