Complaint!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by sulong, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Yes. Moderators have unlimited post edit times because they must have them to moderate posts in the first place. What would be the point in having a moderator if they were given a "Too late" message when trying to deal with a problematic post? Yes, that unlimited edit time also applies to their own posts, but it's just not that big of a deal IMO.

The post edit time for regular members in NOT going to be changed. There's no reason why you should need more than a half-hour to check your post for content accuracy, spelling, or grammar mistakes.

#11     Jan 11, 2007
  2. sritrader

sritrader

I donot want to get into the ethics related to someone having the privilege of editing the posts after the posting.

However I just want to voice my concern that due to all this wrangling, the thread in question is deleted by ES and we have lost one of the valuable threads. I (and i suspect a lot of others) have found the thread to be quite informative and was looking forward to learn the finer points as it evolves.

If i recall, ES was not editing his trades after the fact. He was just making
    changes to the rules/trigger points of the trade to make it more understandable
    to those who may be reading the post at a later time. I just donot see how it can
    be construed as being as dishonest/deceptive. On the contrary, i really appreciate all the efforts and time ES has put to make the necessary changes to make the post more readable and less confusing for later readers.

ES, pls donot let this dissuade you from continuing on Golden Arches thread.

#12     Jan 11, 2007
  3. grandpa

grandpa

The electricsavant has tremendous mental issues. This is his therapy. The guy is inches away from total breakdown, the market keeps him sane. He is trading one lots in a mini account and reporting on it, he shoud not be a moderator on this site. Pray for savant, and his made up wife.
    I am grandpa and am very concerned.

Grandpa

#13     Jan 11, 2007
  4. Baron,
    A moderator editing his own post days and weeks after the original posting doesn't seem to me as policing the web site, or otherwise attempting to deal with problematic post. I've not seen any other moderator go to such pains to pretty up their own post in their own threads on an ongoing bases.

If blatant deception from your help is no big deal to you, then it certainly is no big deal to me ether. It is after all your business and reputation being discussed here.

I'm not asking for more editing time, a half hour is just fine. I apologize if I gave that impression.

#14     Jan 11, 2007
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

I tend to agree. A 2 weeks timeout probably would do good for him...

#15     Jan 11, 2007
  6. mxjones

mxjones

Baron - it is your board, so you have final say. But the fact that you do not think it is a big deal that a moderator can - and does - edit their own posts long after the fact is disturbing. You should at least have an unwritten rule that they should not do it...it seriously takes away from their credibility and that of ET.

Editing a post to change the original intent or rules or content is ridiculous. If you want to clarify or change things, do it with another post. That way the readers can see the progression of what you are doing. Spydertrader's threads are great examples...as are many journals and other threads here.

There should not be one set of rules for normal posters, and another for moderators. Sure, they have a job to do and can do it - but, they should not use that power to skirt ET rules in regards to their own posts.

#16     Jan 11, 2007
  7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Maybe you missed the part where he said he already deleted the threads in question. Problem solved. There was no malicious intent or deception. It won't be an issue going forward. Thanks.

#17     Jan 11, 2007
  8. i dont give much of a whoop since i dont read es posts and lately also very little of the boards but i think it is unfair, very unfair. why should a mod abuse privileges that he's not supposed to abuse and all others have instead to obey to the rules. it is a big deal, how can u not see this is unjust. what it boils down to is that es takes advantage of privileges for his own sake when they should only be used for the sake of the community. not fair at all.

#18     Jan 11, 2007
  9. Apparently ET's quality is getting higher and higher every day! :D

#19     Jan 11, 2007
  10. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Maybe you missed the part where he said he already deleted the threads in question. Problem solved. There was no malicious intent or deception. It won't be an issue going forward. Thanks.

#20     Jan 11, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.