Complaint: Moderator discriminates me

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by earth_imperator, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Hi @Baron,
    my recent posting in "Wall St. News" titled "China has created World's first PCIe5 GPU !" was silently moved first to "Hardware", and then even further to "Politics".
    The posting is about the possible impact of such a development on the other GPU makers Nvidia and AMD. So, the posting was correctly posted in "Wall St News".
    I herewith complain about such discrimination.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Maybe you meant to use the word "bias" instead of discrimination.

Yet, I will agree with the not-cool issue involving "silently moving" someone's thread without notification that their thread was in fact moved in comparison to being informed only after you asked what happen to your thread.
    • Also, sometimes the nature of the replies by others in your thread and how you respond to those replies may be a factor into moving the thread to another location.
    Regardless, I think there should be a shadow link left in the original posting location of the thread that states the thread has been moved to a new location so that the thread starter is informed.

I myself have requested a few of my own threads to be moved and never got a reply. Not a problem...I would then abandon the original thread after its been inactive for more than a month to then start a new thread in the appropriate location with a slightly different title about the same topic.

wrbtrader

3. Darc

Darc

All complaints here go to @Overnight on Appeal. Address your Appeal to him.

Best of luck.

TheDawn and wrbtrader like this.
  4. TheDawn

TheDawn

People's threads get moved all the time but only when his threads are moved, it's discrimination. LOL This guy is too much. So fucking self-centered and entitled.

5. maxinger

maxinger

Among these headings

Wall street News
    Hardware
    Politics

I'd choose Hardware as the most appropriate heading.

6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I moved it to hardware shortly after it was posted because that's where it belonged, and it looks like Magna moved it to Politics because it unraveled into a political discussion.

7. Magna

Magna Administrator

In the short time the thread has been around here's some of the non-trading non-hardware posts, and why it was moved to Politics:

"US fugged & furious, b/c its idiotic & shameful sanctions not working."

"Death to the chinese power monger xi, assassinate that goofy lookin ape"

"This is why we need to step up in our measures in protecting Taiwan:
    Hopefully we re-elect Trump in 2024 to get it done."

"Hopefully anyone who supports this traitor who nearly turned our country into a dictatorship dies before they can vote"

"If not for Trump, we would still be deceived by the "peaceful" facade that China puts on and forever live in blissful ignorance of reality"

"Let the US first get a grip about its election system and the fact that every other civilized country can decide its elections in 1 day before the US worries about others all the time."

"US' election system however shitty doesn't affect other countries. China's uncontrolled re-entry into the atmosphere ditching its garbage all over the world does."

wrbtrader likes this.
  8. Hey Mod!
    By your defect logic every unwanted thread can so be silenced by moving it to a trash board like Politics, simply by spamming it with such polit-spam by the usual suspects, esp. your own aliases... Congrats!

9. @Baron, because he just didn't liked the content and wanted it be moved to the trash board Politics.
    What does he need to achieve this with a minimal excuse: his buddy aliases spamming the thread... ie. his SA...

10. Baron

Baron ET Founder

That's what moderators do. Not sure what your point is.

#10     Nov 12, 2022