Complain about Interactive Brokers (IB)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by 7thdim, May 13, 2005.

1. 7thdim

7thdim

This is the original e-mail:

We have received your deposit for 4975.0 USD. These funds will become available in your account on 06-May-2005. If you are opening a new account, the funds will become available one business day later.

It is not necessary to call us. Once your funds are available, they will appear in the "CASH TRANSACTIONS" section of your daily account statement, and you will see your funds displayed on your Trader Workstation (TWS).

If you have deposited funds by personal check, and in the future wish to receive prompt, full credit for deposits, you are encouraged to send funds by wire transfer or bank check.

IB shall place a ten (10) business day hold on incoming funds.
    Accordingly, you will not be able to withdraw funds by check or wire transfer prior to the end of such ten (10) day period.

To view IB's Funds Credit Policy, go to the IB web site at
    <http://www.interactivebrokers.com>, select "Account & Funding Info", then select "Deposits".

Sincerely,
    Funds and Banking Department
    IB HELPDESK

#11     May 13, 2005
  2. This is sooo easy...

When I first applied...they mentioned do not wire funds until after you have received your new account confirmation notice via email...

This was two years ago...

Is this not the case today ?

#12     May 13, 2005
  3. johnk49

johnk49

Wow!They manage FX accounts and they don't know how to open an account with a broker?

#13     May 13, 2005
  4. 7thdim

7thdim

We are not new players in the industry. We never see such a experience especially from a industry leader.

ACCEPT FUNDS ,, e-mail the client you will be ready,,, ONE WEEK PASSED AWAY ,,,, THey say "We dont know when will you ready ?" Do you accept honestly all this actions as a normal procedure ?

#14     May 13, 2005
  5. 7thdim

7thdim

NO, WE DONT BELIEVE us how can we trust BARRON's number 1 advertisement to make decision to be a client of IB.

#15     May 13, 2005
  6. Htrader

Htrader Guest

A whole $5000!

Wow, you guys must in the big leagues.

Too bad IB doesn't have a higher account minimum for these proletariat accounts.

Personally, I would recommend that IB cancel your account. Way too much trouble.

#16     May 13, 2005
  7. 7thdim

7thdim

We see too many protectors are on the way. This is why the industry leaders are still number 1 telling. We will post our problems on the most respected financial forums in all languages for the next 48 hours if we did not get any answer from the number 1.

#17     May 13, 2005
  8. zdreg

zdreg

why did they ask for proof of address.
    I checked their website and they said that usually you don't have to send anything.

#18     May 13, 2005
  9. Choad

Choad

Okay, your experience is bad (Although it doesn't sound like a big deal to me. Are you from Russia or other former Soviet country? I'd say IB would need to be very careful, given the rampant fraud).

My experience is good.

I've sent many thousands to IB by wire. It worked flawlessly. I've transferred many thousands back and forth via their electronic bank transfer system. Worked flawlessly.

Good luck to you.

C

#19     May 13, 2005
  10. 7thdim

7thdim

What is your fear ? Do you want to show your trading skills on the public ? Do you want to be a fair challange ? Can you make this 5 K in a million for the next 3 month ? LETS choice our referee, and start sending realtime and entry and exits and see who is the better ... Do you have enough courage ? I think no, you have the funds not the soul.

#20     May 13, 2005