Competitive Deal ?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by astutej, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Yes...we prefer the "all inclusive" method, but will do the "liquidity thing" if the trader so desires. We really try to offer the best plan for the trader, based on their trading style.

Please don't get me wrong about the naz trading...as I've said many times before "if you're making good money...I have no problem with what or how you trade"...but if and when you want to expand or modify trading styles, we like to offer help.

All the best, keep on making money....your "naz trading secrets are safe with me"...LOL good luck and stay in touch!!

Don:p

#11     Feb 14, 2004
  2. Don,

So what then are you rates for Naz traders who do, for example, 1 million shares per month?

Are you implying that my needs might be better served somewhere else if I am planning on trading 95% Nasdaq stocks?

#12     Feb 14, 2004
  3. Not at all....60 plus ecn's is not that great...75 inclusive is probably better for most traders...

Don

#13     Feb 14, 2004
  4. bro59

bro59

This is what I meant by a flat rate for a nasdaq guy:

http://www.rmltrading.com/proprietary/index.html

Not endorsing RML, but it's a good model for someone who does naz and usually adds liquidity. You end up trading for very little in commish. Just depends on your style.

Member firms pay next to nothing for listed trades. It's the ECN's that add up, so if you get that working for you instead of against you and get a good ticket deal and don't scale out or in with small size........lot's of ifs.

#14     Feb 15, 2004
  5. You will probably see a little better base rate (.001-.002) for NYSE as opposed to Nas. I suspect since props do mostly NYSE they are getting better volume deals for the clearing.

Any generalizations like "NYSE trading is more profitable than NAS" or "all inclusive ECN rates are better then taking the ECN charges" should be dismissed and I'd be suspicious of people saying it for hyping their firms. As anyone worth their salt knows that such statements are absurd and success totally depends on the trader.

Take your current style, figure out how much liq you take vs give and on what ECNs, do the math and compare rates based on that. I don't think I would change a winning style to accomodate a firm's commission structure, however..

#15     Feb 15, 2004
  6. I see it this way.
    -if you are trading Nas and do over 100,000 shares a day u should be paying a per ticket/fee charge, NO MATTER what the size is.
    -If your doing less then 100,000 Nas u should be paying a slightly higher ticket/fill price ,NO matter what the size is
    -NYSE Non -Billable u should be paying any where from 2.50-3.00 per thousand.
    Lastly price means NOTHING if the systen is NOT 99% reliable. It takes years to get a good software execution system able to handle remote users.
    If you need more info u can always PM me.
    G

#16     Feb 15, 2004
  7. thats about what it costs the firm, or actually a little less, to clear trades- the reason that they have to pad it and offer traders rates like $5-$6 per 1000 shares is simply for profit motives. its not a bad deal, take very low risk and rake in the money off volume traded through your firm. oh yeah- open orders, trading 100k shares in the first 15 min is where its at, lol.
    . but hey, thats business and they put themselves in a position to take advantage and make money and thats the american way.........

#17     Feb 15, 2004
  8. nitro

nitro

Ah! I see that, but I must be missing something. Is this .006 cents on _all_shares?

If so, then this is a great deal!!!

nitro

#18     Feb 15, 2004