Competition in this field - programming

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Aquarians, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Why waste time going to job interviews just spend the time building your own business. Don't build some dumbass new fangled 2.0 shit but something that already exists, makes money and put your own twist on it. Don't be a pussy ass bitch programmer (but I repeat myself).

#11     Feb 1, 2020
  2. >> Why waste time going to job interviews just spend the time building your own business.

I know that but do you? How many of the 10,000 regrettable souls mowed down by machine guns not just know but do something about that?

I'm one of the elite guys of this world yet "building my own business" is as dumbfuck advice as standing before Persia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_300_Spartans
    It's possible and I repeat, IT'S POSSIBLE TO CHANGE THIS WORLD FROM IT'S ROOTS (and in small caps that I hope my lawyers will fill with much more worlds, you won't survive to see).

BUT IT TAKES MORE THAN ONE. I can't fucking change this fucking assault on human dignity coming from Asia that's UpWork on myself.

It takes A FUCKING LOT OF US TOO. That's the hardest thing to swallow in face of being invaded by these nameless forgettable amoebas. But we did and stoped the invasion ann will do it again and next time we won't stop to rejecting, you gotta prevent crap from happening.

#12     Feb 1, 2020
  3. >> A FUCKING LOT OF US TOO

Next time you're assigned to Panzergrenadier (300), think infantry (10,000) would have been better.

#13     Feb 1, 2020
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

You will be amazed at how many people don’t know how to use Microsoft office products.

#14     Feb 1, 2020
    d08 likes this.
  5. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

I would assume the number is even dropping (at least in developed economies).

#15     Feb 1, 2020
  6. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

Oh I know, its embarrassing. But..., if you're applying to an engineering job (or something modestly analytical) and you put "Excel" as one of your skills....my red flags are immediately up. If you have to tell me you know how to use a spreadsheet, it probably means you dont have much else going on to write home about.

#16     Feb 1, 2020
    Snuskpelle and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  7. You can't change it. The field is too much fun and the cost of entry is too low. Best to find another profession.

#17     Feb 1, 2020
  8. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Haha so true. I always thought listing Word or Excel in your CV was code for "I don't know anything worthwhile" (at least, this applying to typical engineering in IT jobs).

#18     Feb 1, 2020
  9. fan27

fan27

Seems like UpWork might be good if you have very niche skills that not many people on the site have. I recently saw a video from a former Facebooker where he describes how FB categorizes their top software engineers into three categories.

1. Tech Lead
    2. Coding machine (can be dropped into any team and crank out quality code).
    3. Domain expert (i.e. you help design the React framework).

This makes sense to me and if you are going to get a job, seems best to see where you fit in those three items and target your employment / side gig search accordingly.

#19     Feb 1, 2020
  10. d08

d08

Most of the low bidders on Upwork are full of it. They have knowledge about options because they read the definition on investopedia. There are qualified people as well but they charge much much more.
    It's quite difficult to get into it now because you have to either do stuff for $20 or have a lot of completed projects.

#20     Feb 1, 2020