Competing Objectives...Who Wins?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by limitdown, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Observing.....

I thank Andre and Limit for their comments, and if I thought that a few bucks of advertising money would sway the management of this forum (or any other) ....I would lose all respect for the management of the site.

And, I will be glad to compare success rates. We cater to the "successful minority"....and do our level best to keep our strong traders strong, and to bring up those who have what it takes to become good traders.

have a good weekend.....

Don

#121     May 30, 2003
  2. what's their website?

hey, share the wealth,

clearly not everyone is cut out for this stress....and there's nothing wrong with being on a salaried team instead of an individual in his/her yacht sailing the high C's

#122     May 30, 2003
  3. Andre

Andre

bright is also the only prop firm that advertises on this web site

Incorrect. Echo is a sponsor here.

FYI-I certainly didn't mean to be endorsing a particular prop firm in my example. For what it's worth, I've enjoyed talking with both Don Bright and Vito Sisto of Echotrade. I could envision developing a relationship with either firm. If I get to the point where I'm considering trading with a prop firm, I'd start with those because I've got a connection there.

Sometimes, perhaps especially so in trading, you find people wanting to know what someone can do for them. Almost demanding in their inquiries. I've never understood that approach. I suppose I've been lucky, I've had several "mentors" in a wide variety of areas in my life. But I never expected them to help. I guess I just engaged them and it developed into a relationship.

But you've got to have something to offer them. People are critical Prop firms. And hey, if you're a good trader you don't need them. But if you want something from them, their leverage and coaching... then it seems to me you'd better offer them something too.

André

#123     May 30, 2003
  4. There website is http://www.fnysllc.com/. I don't work there but just heard today from a friend that spoke to some of their people recently. According to him there were several people still putting up 6 figure months and 7 figure years there. However I heard it is a bitch to get into. Obviously for a paid opportunity though it will be competitive with actual long term training program, pay, and no risk to the trader. However since you get paid it is a job and not for the trader who wants to work for themselves and show up when and at what time they want too.

#124     May 30, 2003
  5. What?? Vito who? Just joking, of course....Vito is respected in the industry....

Don:cool:

#125     Jun 2, 2003
    #126     Jun 2, 2003
    #127     Jun 4, 2003
    #128     Jun 5, 2003
  9. mixer

mixer

Propers are scammers

#129     Jun 10, 2003
  10. MTT -- we need to start a thread on that last sentence alone....

It has been surprising how this thread started out, and what comments others have submitted.

During the time of this thread, a number of firms have either closed offices, closed all together, or thrown out a number of traders, whether profitable or not, and there has been a substanctial correction in the proprietary or leveraged trading business.

There's a lot of bruised feelings out there, and probably more to come, given the way things have turned out.

We, of course, can only hope for the best.

Cheers

#130     Jun 27, 2003