Comparison of auto trading platforms

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by rdencpa, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Hi,

regarding customer support during last month...

We promised to release OpenQuant supporting multiple strategies by Christmas and we had to focus all our resources on this development to keep our promise.

Anyway, OpenQuant 2.0 is out and you still have two days left to benefit from 20% Holiday Discount :cool:

Happy New Year,
    Anton

#41     Dec 29, 2007
  2. chrismmm,

could you please tell me what you didn't like about NeoTicker, where it comes up short compared to OpenQuant?

tks

#42     Dec 29, 2007
  3. #43     Dec 29, 2007
  4. thank you for the update, I've been looking at the list of functions found at http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/HelpGuideV6/pdf/NinjaTraderVersion6HelpGuide.pdf

and I do not see the
    OnMarketData() and OnMarketDepth(), probably because this is brand new that haven't had time to write documentation on it. The key question is when is the OnMarketData() event handler called?

In Open Quant they have OnQuote() and OnTrade() which are called when there is a Change in Quote or Trade. This distinction is VERY important because, you DO NOT want OnMarketData() to be called when there is a new tick as others do, because at least for NYSE stocks the Trade gets printed far later than the change in the quote. So if this OnMarketData() is called at every tick, this is useless as "ticks" can be delayed quite some time, not to mention at least for IB they send a packet every 200 ms, coupled with the latency for the info to travel through the wire, it ain't to far off to imagine you'll be off 1 sec. However, if OnMarketData() does fire off @ a change in the quote, then this would be quite beneficial.

#44     Dec 29, 2007
  5. Also to the Ninja Trader folks...

are you able to do this now?
    at open quant you can switch the destination of the exchange you are routing to while in a strategy.

Like for example say you are long and want to get out so you write in Open Quant.

Target = Instrument.Quote.Ask - 0.01;

if (Target == Instrument.Quote.Bid) // you should route to NYSE
    {
    Instrument.Exchange = "NYSE"
    }
    else
    {
    Instrument.Exchange = "ARCA"
    }

This is VERY key as you do want to be taking liquity on ARCA, you want to be taking on NYSE and if you are the only one at the certain price level why not offer on ARCA

When I was at NT, you could only select on exchange per instrument and not change it in the strategy

#45     Dec 29, 2007
  6. another thing about NT is that if you are trading US equities. They do not offer the brokerage Genesis. OpenQuant does

Genesis is the one brokerage that you are able get prop deals > the standard 4:1 leverage. And if you are day trading and do decent volume then Genesis really should be your broker as they offer the LOWEST and I mean LOWEST rates on comissions and probably one of the best execution platforms out there. Not to mention Genesis hosts strategies for $300 / month good luck finding that rate someone else, with latencies in the 5-8 ms range. I've spoken with them and you are able to set this up with Open Quant. I have not done this yet, but it's great to know it possible.

I'm not sure I'm allowed to state my rate at genesis, but it blows all brokerage out of the water... even IB

#46     Dec 29, 2007
  7. sky,

can one trade futures with genesis.

What kind of commissions they charge for ES? I cant find the info on their website

tks

#47     Dec 29, 2007
  8. no you can't trade futures w/ genesis, as to comissions they are not listed on the web site, they are negociated

#48     Dec 29, 2007
  9. a_c

a_c

Sky123987, rdencpa and guys with multiple systems experience wondering if you guys have used Amibroker or what is your opinion about it ?
    i see people say it is quite fast but not sure how flexible it is when it comes to meeting changing needs.

#49     Dec 29, 2007
  10. Question for OpenQuant users:

After a reconnection due to broker/internet connection loss, does OQ auto synchronize position/orders/strategy logic?

tks

#50     Dec 29, 2007