Comparison of auto trading platforms

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by rdencpa, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Yes, and see the post regarding "Sue IB.....". One trader lost a ton due to a reconnection "glitch". It appears standing/resting orders sometimes get converted to market orders upon reconnection.

#21     Dec 24, 2007
  2. personally open quant is IMO the best

#22     Dec 26, 2007
  3. CHrisMMM

Have you tried NeoTicker?

Would you say OQ is better than NT?

Tks

#23     Dec 26, 2007
  4. i've tried em' all. IMO OQ is the one to go w/

#24     Dec 26, 2007
  5. Icarus5

Icarus5

Are you in any way affiliated with OQ? - be honest

If not, what makes you think it's the top dog in off the shelf ATS? :confused:

Tanks,

I

#25     Dec 26, 2007
  6. curt504

curt504

Tnx Chris. Can you just mention a few reasons why OC over them all?

curt

#26     Dec 27, 2007
  7. No, I'm not affiliated with OQ, take a look at comments I made about open quant, and then you'll be certain I'm not affiliated with them.
    I was concerned about how OQ could steal my code. I knew that right when you signed on to OQ it would connect to their site to "check for updates" I was concerned that they "could be stealing code" they ended up changing the software for me so that I could unclick the check for updates, hence... no connection... no way to steal the code

I've written quite a bit about OQ, anyway the bottom line is that Open Quant is truely a complete ATS. As you dig into the other platforms you'll notice that there just aren't options to do certain things, like in Ninja trader you can't adjust the type of exchange while the in the middle of a strategy. As you begin to create your automated strategy and make it better and better, add this here, and add that there you'll find out real quick that what you want to do is really just isn't supported

...but don't take my word, look at the all the functions in the classes and dig into it and you'll see really how incomplete some of them are... and after you put the hard work into 1) learning the software and 2) coding it, you'll damn the day you chose to go with an incomplete one.

just my 2 cents

#27     Dec 27, 2007
  8. Hi,

I have asked this set of questions to different e-mail address at OQ, and gotten NO answer. I am starting to wonder about the customer support. Any comments on that, or any of my quesitons below?

Thanks!

- Do you support sending trading to multiple brokers "simulatenously"
    - Do you support data from DTN IQFeed
    - Do you support the S&P Premium PREM or $ESINX symbols well?

#28     Dec 27, 2007
  9. AC3

AC3

With OQ do you have to have an understanding of how to program in C or C++ to be able to get the most out of it or is it something like Tradestation where you pick indicators off a menu and manipulate them into your strategy ...

#29     Dec 27, 2007
  10. usually pretty good, lately it's been slow

I'm not the rep, but no you can't do mult brokers but with their instituational platform you can, yes they support DTN IQ feed, and yes they support S&P prem

#30     Dec 27, 2007