Compare & Contrast with Christopher Lewis

Discussion in 'Journals' started by expiated, Oct 8, 2017.

1. expiated

expiated

The Dollar-Chief was able to climb another 84 pips or so, but that was it. As of Friday, it's fallen about 230 pips from where it was a month ago.

#71     Jun 1, 2019
  2. expiated

expiated

I don't agree with Cristian at all on this one. For the time being, I'm buying USDCAD on intraday pullbacks, with a decidedly bullish day-to-day bias ever since Wednesday, May 29, 2019.

#72     Jun 1, 2019
  3. expiated

expiated

It turned out that USDCAD did break to the downside, so Cristian was 100% correct on this call.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    #73     Jun 26, 2019
  4. expiated

expiated

Selling AUDNZD was a good call, but where does he plan to exit?

#74     Jul 10, 2019
  5. expiated

expiated

I can't argue with Christian on this one. While I do see statistical support not far below, my weekly trend line just recently turned south, so EURAUD could very well ride statistical support downward for an unlimited length of time.

EURAUDDaily.png

#75     Jul 15, 2019
  6. expiated

expiated

I'm looking at (listening to) this Pete Faders guy (who I guess has a MyFXSource website) doing all this talking about fake breakouts, Fibonacci, volume and whatnot—doing all this analysis and what have you—only to buy at the exact same level I would buy just looking to see if price is rising or falling...

My chart is on the bottom
    ScreenHunter_6118 Aug. 04 14.00.png

This is a great example of why I think taking the time and effort to try to learn all that stuff about what the buyers and sellers are thinking would just be goofiness for me personally...a big waste of my time. All I have to do is look at price, and it alone will tell me what's going on—no need to worry about fake breakouts, Fibs, decoding volume, etc. I don't have to try to get into the heads of retail traders, big institutions, or anybody else.

For those who can trade that way, more power to them! But for me, it doesn't have to be that complicated. When price is going up overall, it's going up overall. When it is falling overall, it's falling overall. There's really not that much more I need to know.

#76     Aug 4, 2019
  7. expiated

expiated

#77     Aug 23, 2019
  8. expiated

expiated

Saturday / October 12, 2019

Having (apparently) fully developed my Numerical Price Prediction Trading System with respect to foreign currency pairs, I'm now looking to see what happens when I apply its principles to, when I compare and contrast it with, Harry Boxer's stock picks, beginning with the ones from last Thursday, October 10, 2019. Starting next week however, I'm going to have to make this a new thread.

(Harry is trading off daily charts, whereas I will be using one-minute charts.)

ASUR
    If I didn't take profits earlier, I would have definitely done so at around $9.00.

BBBY
    I'm still bullish at $12.97.

FRAN
    Still bullish at $17.30

GLNG
    I would have gotten out of this stock at $14.75

NVCR
    I would have exited at $77.80

RAD
    Still cautiously bullish at $9.13

RYAM
    I would have bailed at $4.73

SOLY
    I would have bailed at $13.50

SPWH
    This stock is at a decision point. If it continues to climb above $6.30 I would be interested in holding on, but if it starts to fall below this price, it would be time for me to pocket my gains.

TTOO
    This stock has stalled at the $2.60 level. If it can't continue to climb above $2.57, I would pocket my gains. (I'm still bullish however if it climbs above $2.65.)

TXMD
    I would have pocketed by gains at $3.90.

#78     Oct 12, 2019
  9. expiated

expiated

Out of...
    BBBY at $12.83
    FRAN at $17.12
    SPWH at $6.27

Still holding...
    RAD at $9.32
    TTOO at $2.62

#79     Oct 14, 2019
  10. expiated

expiated

It looks like I lost interest in following the above stocks rather quickly. At any rate, my position trading chart setup agrees with the forecast made below by Cristian Moreno, though the reversal in my daily trend line has not yet been confirmed by the weekly.

#80     Oct 20, 2019