Compare & Contrast with Christopher Lewis

Discussion in 'Journals' started by expiated, Oct 8, 2017.

1. maxinger

maxinger

I think it is fine to read / follow those materials.
    In fact, that was where I started.

for those who traded eurusd past few days, chances of making money is rather challenging

Anyway as you go along, do develop your own holy grail.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    #11     Oct 11, 2017
  2. expiated

expiated

I don't really see a need to wait for the U.S. Dollar-Loonie to reach one of the two areas mentioned by Christopher. I fully expect to see it fall from where it is right now (1.2441) to at least around 1.2270.

#12     Oct 12, 2017
  3. expiated

expiated

USDCADproM1.png

In light of recent setbacks I had to reevaluate the way I interpret the signals from my trading system, and as a result, I bought USDCAD this morning at around 1.2544 with a take-profit target near 1.2565. In turn, I was curious as to how Chris Lewis might be viewing this pair, so I checked out his forecast and he too was bullish...

#13     Oct 17, 2017
  4. expiated

expiated

NOW I am inclined to agree with Christopher in that I finally expect to see EURUSD begin climbing from today's and yesterday's areas of support (at approx. 1.1735).

EURUSDproDaily.png

#14     Oct 18, 2017
  5. expiated

expiated

I agree. After falling from from September 21st to October 6th, the pair now looks like it wants to initiate a new leg to the north, though I would ideally like to see price pull back to a least 148.60 before I enter a long position.

#15     Oct 22, 2017
  6. expiated

expiated

Having formed yet another bearish leg, EURUSD is, from my perspective, once again properly structured for entering a long position (as soon as I get the go ahead to do so on my five- and/or one-minute charts).

ScreenHunter_6599 Oct. 22 09.44.jpg

#16     Oct 22, 2017
  7. expiated

expiated

I have only one reason for selling GBPUSD, which is that I’m testing an experimental regiment for diagnosing reversals and pullbacks, and according to the new procedure, this pair’s diagnosis is a turn to the south. However, this contradicts the assessment of Christopher Lewis, which is to “add slowly on dips.”

GBPUSDM5.png

#17     Oct 22, 2017
  8. expiated

expiated

The diagnoses for USDCHF is a pullback in an uptrend, so I need to see if price hits my target before stopping me out.

USDCHFH1.png

#18     Oct 22, 2017
  9. expiated

expiated

It appears to me that AUDUSD might now be initiating a new leg up.

AUDUSDM15.png

But contrary to what I'm doing, it sounds like Lewis thinks short-term selling is in order...

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    #19     Oct 22, 2017
  10. expiated

expiated

USDCHF is starting to evidence signs of being a full-fledged reversal rather than a mere pullback (not to mention a nice little head-and-shoulders pattern). If this turns out to be true, I should be able to recoup by loss by getting in on the ground floor of a new push south.

USDCHFM5.png

#20     Oct 23, 2017