Compar futures brokers

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by NKNY, Aug 28, 2002.

1. NKNY

NKNY

Simtrader,

I thank you for the education on jtrader, I also prefer exchange held stops.

Nick

#21     Aug 30, 2002
  2. MarkHyman

MarkHyman Advanced Futures

Nick, Slimtrader
    I just logged on to Elite Trader.
    The asterix is a synthetic order that is being held at your PC,
    rather than being sent directly to the Globex.

Slimtrader did a great job of describing the asterix.

Advanced Futures clearing firm(Goldenberg, Hehmeyer and Co.)
    will be the first U.S. customer that will be using the latest and greatest version of the J-Trader(Patsystem) software.

#22     Aug 30, 2002
  3. NKNY

NKNY

Mark

So I assume that with the new version one would have the option to make it a real stop or a synthetic one.

Nick

#23     Aug 30, 2002
  4. mdmbud

mdmbud

I have spent a lot of time looking at brokers over the last week. The one I like best, because all the pros use their platforms, is www.advancedfutures.com. They are extremely well priced and their reliability is what the pros use. Www.ffasttrade.com I looked at, but was not thrilled about their platform and of course, IB is someone I will not even try again.....!!! I will keep you informed of my experience.

#24     Aug 30, 2002
  5. What will follow after the latest and greatest JTrader,
    when Microsoft finally is going to phase out its pseudo java technology ?
    Will they (patsystems) have to re-animate their Delphi codebase ("PTS Client") ?

#25     Aug 30, 2002
  6. redzuk

redzuk

Does patsystem charge the brokers for upgrades. Or are they somehow paid by the amount of trades using their system? Seems there are many different J-trader platforms being used. If you want the current version are you going to have to switch brokers every six months?

#26     Aug 30, 2002
  7. Sort it out - Odds are you're a plant for advanced futures. What's your relation to them? You use their marketing terms. You say you never used them but go out of your way to say how reliable they are. But the incriminating evidence comes from your first post. You never gave details of the trade which you claim cost $5,000. That's 100 handles in 15 minutes - bloody impressive.

#27     Sep 2, 2002