companies: we cant find workers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Oct 5, 2011.

1. interesting article from our local paper. companies complaining that they cant find workers.

The governor said he has learned from the tours that many businesses are already planning to expand. But companies have told him they have a hard time finding enough of the skilled workers they need, especially in the areas of accounting, engineering, welding, health care and information technology. Access to capital to fund growth is another pressing issue, he said

Read more: http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/go...ef6-11e0-89cf-001cc4c002e0.html#ixzz1ZuuHoGTw

let me translate for you:But companies have told him they have a hard time finding enough of the skilled workers they need, especially in the areas of accounting, engineering, welding, health care and information technology at the $7-$10 per hour that they offer.

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not surprising, todays youth waste their educations on worthless liberal arts degrees. Then they can't figure out why no one will hire them.

3. Max E.

Max E.

Clearly it is a sign that the Obama economy is booming when companies cant even find engineers, accountants and welders who will work for 7-10$ an hour.

4. Maybe if they had a fun boss like mine things would be different.

For example, at the Hindu mart where I work the boss had a $10 betting pool, "Whoever guesses correctly the next cashier to get fired wins the money".

5. Yeah, $8.50 per hour will go real far when these kids get out of college with ten's of thousands in student debt. Shit, they'll be living in the parents basement until they're 40.

Like I said, a hopeless situation.

6. Maybe they are looking for pilots too. You should give it a try:D

Just kidding, Magna, please don't ban me!!!!!!

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Having grown tired of collecting a salary and sitting in my office at 41,000 feet I recently inquired about a change of profession. Preferably a hourly job where I can get excrement and vomit all over my uniform and shoes on a regular basis. As well as inserting catheters on the elderly, performing enemas and sponge baths.

I was informed I'd have to be gay, ugly, wear both dreadlocks and a skirt as well as having to give BJ's to arrogant doctors in the broom closet.

Being a self respecting man, naturally I decided to look elsewhere.

:D

8. It's not hopeless for the young generation selling herbal and chemical remedies for cash. No taxes, no social security, no student loans and lots of fringe benefits.

Seriously, would you work for $8.50 / hr over $1K a day tax free?

9. Max E.

Max E.

Good choice :D

10. rew

rew

Businessmen always cry "labor shortage!" even when our unemployment rate is 10% or more. The politicians listen, bring in more H-1b workers, and then the businessmen hire the H-1b workers and layoff their American citizens. I works every time.

#10     Oct 5, 2011