Communism wins after all.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by alientrader, Oct 18, 2008.

1. cstfx

cstfx

We as a nation spent more than 20 years to heal our wounds inflicted by the great social experiment of the 1960's. Most of you don't remember or have no idea what was created by this great "experiement": apathy. The population as a whole relied on the gov't to solve all our ills: it's the gov'ts responsibility to feed our children and heat our homes (let alone provide homes) and in place of gainful employment, provide a monthly stipend for each family or individual. (read welfare and section 8 housing and food stamps and medicaid, etc) Anyone gloss back to those nostalgic days of the 1970's NYC or 19080's Detroit?

Barack Obama is a product of that era and he was heavily influenced by the ideals of people who lived thru that era (He was born in 1961, so his experiences of the 60/70's are seen thru another's eyes). If you look at his experiences that he touts on the campaign trail, it's like "deja vu all over again" in his attitudes as to what the responsibilities of the federal government should be. This is the direction this nation is heading in for the next few years, and with a Democratic congress at his ready to rubber stamp any of his proposals (and if you look at the radical leadership in both houses, the same thing holds the other way around) I believe this is what is ahead for our nation.

Pick up some reading material on the economic/social ideas, agendas, and practices of the 60's and 70's to give you a road map of where this nation is headed.

#11     Oct 18, 2008
  2. heypa

heypa

I have always maintained that you are entitled to your position, However wrong it may be.
    Looks like we have a western world wide epidemic raging

#12     Oct 18, 2008
  3. telozo

telozo

Oh, I didn't say is different, as it is now, but at least there's hope, you know, free elections, and all that freedoms guaranted by the constitution. I've been through both systems, I should know better.

#13     Oct 18, 2008
  4. clacy

clacy

As soon as they start confiscating our guns, it's time to adopt a "live free or die" attitude in my opinion.

And most likely I (we) will have to make that choice in my lifetime.

#14     Oct 18, 2008
  5. heypa

heypa

We came close to it with the Supreme Court decision on the legality of the Washington D.C. law outlawing gun ownership in D.C.
    Four of the "justices" thought it (the ban) was constitutional. Good Grief!

#15     Oct 18, 2008
  6. clacy

clacy

Scary isn't it. Until they have the guns, they can't get too out of control. If they get their hands on them however, goodnight US of A.

#16     Oct 18, 2008
  7. eltrador

eltrador

By aiming millitary's tanks with your gun.

#17     Oct 19, 2008
  8. You Republicans are all douchebags.

Bush has been the biggest spender since FDR, with his Republican accomplices controlling the purse strings for 6 out of the last 8 years.

Not only has he been the biggest spender, he's wasted the money on bullshit rather than sound investment.

A 2-3 trillion dollar war in Iraq? A 1-1.5 trillion dollar welfare package for the biggest assholes on Wall Street?

More than doubling the national debt from 5 trillion to 11 trillion in 8 years?

Keep voting for assholes like Bush and McCain, morons.

#18     Oct 19, 2008
  9. Mercor

Mercor

This was suppose to stop in 2006 with the Democratic sweep of congross. The place where the budget is created.

Much of the Iraq war money goes to American military suppliers and their shareholders and employees.

#19     Oct 19, 2008
  10. Democrats in congress and the media never said a negative word about all that spending, like spending was a good thing.

#20     Oct 19, 2008