common creationist claim.you cant get something from nothing,so god did it.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Mar 26, 2012.

1. A state of skepticism and suspense may amuse a few inquisitive minds.
    But the practice of superstition is so congenial to the multitude that, if they are forcibly awakened, they still regret the loss of their pleasing vision.- Edward Gibbon, Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire

#31     Mar 28, 2012
  2. Publicus

Publicus

I've noticed this. Atheists preen and strut about under the banner of pure logic.

Then they do the most illogical thing in the universe. They flatly state there is no God. Not that they don't know if there's a God (that's agnostic). They KNOW. And they KNOW there's no God. It's crackin' me up as I write this.

Query: What could ever be more impossible than to KNOW that there is no God? Is there a greater fool's errand than that?

#32     Mar 28, 2012
  3. Brass

Brass

Oh, no. It's the creationists and their fairy godfathers who have pure logic on their side.

#33     Mar 28, 2012
  4. jem

jem

Of course you are such a troll you disregard science and take that quote out of context.

If you read the last line Szostak states -

"... of course, we might never know what really happened on the early Earth."

Watch the troll in action - in Stuology - this last line will mean that science now has one complete plausible pathway but in the future we might lose that knowledge.

#34     Mar 28, 2012
  5. I think the telling part is you seem to think there is a difference.

#35     Mar 28, 2012
  6. you think? lets explore it a bit with some critical thinking. as we look around us there is a natural explaination for almost every thing we observe on earth and in the solar system. we are safe in concluding that even the things we dont yet have all the answers for also have a natural explaination.
    how many examples of magic in the earths formation can we document? the answer is zero. as a self proclaimed critical thinker do you still conclude magic has the same level of probability as natural proceses in the beginning of the universe?

#36     Mar 28, 2012

7. Science's answer is precisely "magic happened" when queried on the causation of the universe.

#37     Mar 28, 2012
  8. stu

stu

Reading one line out of his quote and then making baseless assumptions from it while ignoring the rest like you always do, IS taking the quote out of context. Jerk.

#38     Mar 29, 2012
  9. stu

stu

No, that's just you saying it's science's answer.

#39     Mar 29, 2012
  10. Well then let's hear it.

#40     Mar 29, 2012