common creationist claim.you cant get something from nothing,so god did it.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Mar 26, 2012.

1. stu

stu

Still trying to get some pseudo-scientific graffiti nonsense to stick on the wall Jem while all the time completely missing the point of what you're demonstrating.

[​IMG]

#21     Mar 27, 2012
  2. jem

jem

The majority of theists agree there is some evolution.

You and stu are such trolls. You can't even comprehend the science which I have presented... like this information from 2009 from the 2009 Nobel Prize winner.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/p...ak-and-09-10-05

Szostak: Absolutely! I mean what we're interested in is figuring out plausible pathways for the origin of life. It would be great to have even one complete plausible pathway, but what we find often is when we figure out how one little step might have worked, it gives us ideas, and then we end up with ultimately two or three or more different ways in which a particular step could have happened. So that makes us think the overall process might be more robust. So, you know, ultimately it would be nice, I think, if it turned out that there were multiple plausible pathways; then, of course, we might never know what really happened on the early Earth.

#22     Mar 27, 2012
  3. What does evolution have to do with cosmology?

And how is a self generating universe(out of nothing) any less contrived than some old deity speaking it into existence (out of nothing) ?

#23     Mar 27, 2012
  4. and yet only 5.5% of the biologists of the National Academy of Sciences believe in God.

and only about 10% of the entire body of 2100 NAS scientists believe in God.

#24     Mar 27, 2012
  5. Fact: Catholic priests fuck little boys.
    True story.

If that's not enough to make you leave that sick religion, I'm not sure what is.

#25     Mar 28, 2012
  6. stu

stu

What is there not to comprehend. Szostak is potentially discovering many plausible pathways , not one single one, for the origin of life.

How does calling people names then defeating your own very silly God the creator argument make you in any way right.?
    Oh of course I forgot. You troll this out without any idea about what you're doing.

#26     Mar 28, 2012
  7. this is a rather telling statement on your level of critical thinking ability.
    in your mind magic is just as possible as natural processes.

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

#27     Mar 28, 2012
  8. Yes, God of the Gaps, they call this. Anything we cannot yet comprehend comes from a higher power, sadly, and the bottom of it all we have not come that far psychologically from our ancestors who worshiped lightening.

#28     Mar 28, 2012
  9. Well, I gotta say, that was a good post.

#29     Mar 28, 2012
  10. FT, there is hard science, and there is the science of manipulation, otherwise known as psychology and sometimes sociology. Religion falls under the latter. Life is hard, people need an out. Further, death is unavoidable. If one is dealt a bad hand in life, it is good for society to perpetuate the belief that you will get yours after you die. Keeps down the riots.

I admire your tenacity, but make no mistake, if you convince even one person here of the obviousness of this truth it will not be before they have died a mental death and been reborn.

#30     Mar 28, 2012