Commodity Pool

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by DblArrow, Jul 31, 2003.

1. DblArrow

DblArrow

I am looking for someone that has had some experience in either operating or participating in a commodity pool.

Or does anyone know a CPO, I might be able to chat with.

Thanks, Chris

2. What do you want to know?

3. DblArrow

DblArrow

I am looking for sample disclosure statement, etc.

I have gone over the CFTC site and the NFA site and have found all the disclosures needed, just wondering on format and all that kind of stuff. I will be exempt from registration and am wondering how far along these lines one must really go.

I am wondering how one sets the initial NAV.

Would even appreciate where else I might get some more pertinent info that I may need to know.

Thanks, Chris

4. You need an attorney; the best one's for this are in Chicago.

Invented there; $25 to $50K ...

5. DblArrow

DblArrow

Kinda thought so...

Thanks anyway.

Chris

6. Sorry ...

7. what exactly is a commodity pool?

8. Banjo

Banjo

9. Banjo

Banjo

10. man

man

i would talk to your broker. they should be willing to attract business. i would make the same estimate in terms of legal costs as metoox, but you should get plenty of information before you spend that money. that should make the decision easier whether to spend it or not.
    it is definitely an issue one should plan carefully. if you just manage different accounts you can easily use standard CTA agreements, but once you pool money you have to be careful, since there is no direction link anymore between the owner of specific funds an specific contracts traded.

peace

#10     Aug 2, 2003