Commodity Options Broker

Discussion in 'Options' started by toby, Jan 20, 2013.

1. toby

toby

I am planning of diversifying into commodity options and need some recommendation about reliable broker that offering low commisions.

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

2. 1245

What would you consider low commissions?

3. toby

toby

I'm new in commodity options trading, so I really have no idea what rate of commissions is consider low.

Let me re-write my sentence: I am planning of diversifying into commodity options and need some recommendation about reliable/good broker in this field.

Thanks.

4. You will not be able to know what is important for you for a while so for now go with IB here you can trade stocks at the same time and in the same account.

Later on after you understand trading futures options you will be better able to choose a specialized futures options broker.

There are some disadvantages of IB for commodity options but they will not affect light/experimental trading.

5. Petro

Petro

what would you say the disadvantages are?

6. They do not have many user-defined option spreads (at least they did not when I left them), including butterflies etc. traded on the exchange natively.

Their margining system is unique to them and sometimes seems incompletely-perfected.

They do not support the major broker-independent platforms available from other futures brokers.

But they are absolutely fine as a first broker for futures options for a new trader (and, depending on trading profile, for others of course).

7. toby

toby

Thanks for the advice! :)