Commodity Futures Forum Now Up

Discussion in 'Events' started by Baron, May 8, 2003.

1. In addition to that, I'd like to see more traffic on the already existing commodities' threads.

#11     May 14, 2003
  2. Maybe we could get more traffic if the heading was not so restrictive.

#12     May 14, 2003
  3. Just called it the Financial Futures & Emma Crosby forum, and you'll have nothing to worry about.

(if you still need to help get it noticed, stringing some Christmas lights is a simple and effective tactic to catch people's attention. See below.)

#13     May 14, 2003
  4. We must realize that the traditional commodity markets have been out of favor since the internet bubble of the mid to late 90's. Physical commodities like grains, foodstuffs, meats, oils, metals have been in bear markets for a long time. Also these markets have had low volatility, thus low interest. Speculation interest has decreased. So many commodity traders had turned their interest and talents over to the stock index markets.

In addition to all of that, I believe that the exchanges like the CME, CBOT and the NYBOT have done a poor job of marketing their products to newer traders. Just look at all of the marketing by the exchanges like the NYSE and the Nasdaq.

Commodities trading as a whole needs a shot in the arm that will increase interest, ... , then we'll see these commodity based message boards go crazy.

#14     May 15, 2003

5. Yes, I agree. That's definitely what's been holding me back from contributing.

#15     May 15, 2003

6. Ah, RS. Who'd a thunk a young whippersnipper like me would be pointing out the ways of the world to an old salt such as yourself.
    Have you not heard, sir, of "adverti$ing dollar$"? (Banner ad)

#16     May 15, 2003
  7. Goes to show there is no correlation between age and wisdom.

Peace,
    :)Rs

(PS: I wonder how many farmers and ranchers and miners and bankers really spend much time on ET. And of that time, how much of it is spent clicking on banner ads. And of that, how much would generate revenues to the advertisers.)

But your point is well taken. Good going!

Well, I need to rush off, there's a train pulling up to my house. I need to make room in my garage for some pork bellies, and soybeans. (Hope my son picked up that dry ice at the grocery store yesterday like I asked). Doubt it though. He hasn't been very cooperative since I filled his bedroom with Brent Sea crude.

PPS: What the heck is a "whippersnipper"? A caballero that rides with a bull-whip and a pair of scissors? :confused: A barber into S&M? :confused: A moyel for livestock? Shalom on the range!

#17     May 15, 2003
  8. Banjo

Banjo

Anybody here ever trade copper futures, HG. Comex I think, don't see it on IB's list.

#18     May 15, 2003
  9. I've traded copper before ... in the mid 90's.

I don't have a clue as to what's going on with the fundamentals in copper at this time. As with the other metals, you need to research fundamentals if you're going to trade copper.

#19     May 15, 2003
  10. And capital!
    I knew their had to be something.
    Used to trade Copper when it was alive.

[​IMG]

#20     May 15, 2003