Commodity crash - worse than 2000 tech bust

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Cutten, Dec 3, 2008.

1. a relative of mine who has a small farm keeps asking about what to do with the grains he harvested. and i have no fking clue about the grains :(

the farmers are in pain.

#31     Dec 4, 2008
  2. Illum

Illum

With the planned spending on infrastructure, would it would easier to play the metals than companies who stand to benefit?

If China is going to try and build its way out, Steel is tempting. But it could take some time and I would lose out. Timing is something I struggle with.

I think I am going to wait for a break of the trend anyway, I'm too new and have never seen anything like this.

#32     Dec 4, 2008
  3. Guys: please answer this post ASAP. Thanks.

#33     Dec 4, 2008
  4. steal does not feed a stomach or an engine, but commodities do. people continue to eat/consume energy. steal is not urgent.

#34     Dec 4, 2008
  5. Illum

Illum

Thx

#35     Dec 4, 2008
  6. Really now! Changed your mind I see?

[​IMG]

#36     Dec 6, 2008
  7. thedewar

thedewar

this might be the only chance the developing world gets for a chance for a foothold...

think about it... if most people in the "third" world's main sources of grief are over food and fuel prices this should help alot of people maybe get off the ground... this is just a theory but it'd be really interesting to see if there's an economic shift that gives the developing world a shot at some kind of prosperity

#37     Dec 6, 2008
  8. [​IMG]

#38     Dec 6, 2008