Commodities Corp (Kovner, Tudor Jones, etc)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by randolphfutures, Feb 12, 2006.

1. I would like to find out if anyone has information pertaining to the trading styles or philosophies of the former Commodities Corp., based in Princeton, NJ.

Outside of “Market Wizards”, is anyone aware of any authorized or unauthorized readings, articles, dissertations, etc., on Covner, Tudor Jones, Bacon, Weymar or Commodities Corp. in general (etc)? I understand strategies varied depending on who was in charge of a given commodity. Primarily their focus was fundamental. I have read several articles on CC. At this point, I am seeking a text on this subject.

Any info or reading suggestions will be appreciated.

2. =========================

Yes , memorized a saying of Paul Tudor Jones, he posted on yellow post it note;
    ''Losers average losers'':cool:

3. i have a video tape of PTJ recorded after the crash of 1987. it was quickly removed from the market for unknown reason by PTJ. PTJ talks about elliott and various TA practices. PM me if you have any interest.

surfer:D :D

4. I actually emailed one of the more well known commodity hedge fund managers. He provided me some answers when he responded back, but it was clear he just did not have the time. Obviously, I do not blame him.

I am trying to learn more about their program. It is evident that CC did something right. CCs alumni is of the highest level. Ideally, I am looking for first hand knowledge. But I will take what I can get.

Obtaining a position at Caxton, Tudor, Moore is extremely difficult.

At this point, I am just trying to learn as much as I can.

**I think I read a transcipt on Tudor's outlook in 1987. I am pretty sure it is the same interview.

5. Tyren

Tyren

http://mbfcc.com/book/paul_tudor_jones.shtml

"When I meet someone who is interested in learning the trading business, I always refer them to what I consider to be the four Bibles of the business: Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by Edwin Lefevre, the fictionalized biography of the fabled Jesse Livermore; Technical Analysis of Stock Trends by McGee and Edwards, which was written in the first half of the 20th century and whose tenets still hold today; The Elliott Wave Theorist by Robert Prechter and A. J. Frost, a classic; and finally Market Wizards by Jack Schwager, which is a compilation of interviews with great traders"