Commodities Broker

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by IndexSwing, Apr 22, 2008.

1. kanellop

kanellop

Hello Sir.

Here is what my Broker in RJO Futures told me:

Electronic contracts are $7/side.
    Pit traded contracts and options are $9.50/side, options charged when initiating the position and no commission when closing them.

Until now i have traded only Electronic Futures.

The Charge is, as mention above, $7/Side.
    That is valid for all the Number of Electronic Futures Contracts that open someone.
    If open for example 5 Electronic Futures Contracts the Charge is $35/Side.

Kind Regards,

George Kanellopoulos.

#11     May 4, 2008
  2. jordanf

jordanf

Believe it or not, it is not uncommon for a "full service" brokerage (ie one that provides guidance) to charge more for electronic markets.

One broker I looked at:

"Globex orders are $5 per side in addition to regular commission rates"

#12     May 5, 2008
  3. #13     May 6, 2008
  4. E R

E R

I've been with MF Global directly (www.mfglobalfutures.com or www.directfills.com) and I'm very pleased. Great customer service, and very competitive rates.

Please note that I do self-directed online trading, so I can't speak to any full service brokerage experience if that is what you were inquiring about.

E

#14     May 11, 2008
  5. kanellop, I agree with you about Jeff at RJO. I just opened my first live account with them last week and he's been extremely helpful.

#15     May 19, 2008
  6. kanellop

kanellop

Hello!

Thank you for your Message!

I am glad that you Post your Experience!

I wish you Luck into the Markets!

Kind Regards,

George Kanellopoulos.

#16     May 19, 2008
  7. hi e r.whch platform are you using with mf?

#17     May 29, 2008
  8. rj is good. on a side note whats the longest anyone has consecutively been on margin call with RJ? I was for 4 days I think

#18     May 29, 2008
  9. have you traded with pit contracts with them? wonder what the attitude is like towards a retail customer. or the time to report fills?

#19     May 29, 2008
  10. i remember paying 35 a fucking side to a broker back in the day man that shit hurt lol. fills were good man the only pit traded contracts now are the livestock and grain spreads i trade. dont use RJO anymore but thought it was fine when I did

#20     May 29, 2008